Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the 5% off link still available?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Is the 5% off link still available?

Does any have the link to the 5% off UA.com page or know of any other % off promo running currently?

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Here's the link that I had, but it looks like it's not currently available.

https://www.ua2go.com/ci/Login.jsp?s..._to=ref&auth=0
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:56 pm
dcr

Programs: UA 2P, Hyatt Gold
I have been trying to use it for the last week, to no avail. It appears to be gone.

It was: https://www.ua2go.com/ci/Login.jsp?...n_to=ref&auth=0

Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by aparsuites
Here's the link that I had, but it looks like it's not currently available.

https://www.ua2go.com/ci/Login.jsp?s..._to=ref&auth=0
I believe that was the same link I have.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 6:42 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
It's been gone for some time, although for a short period a few months ago the link seemed to "work," letting you search and price out a flight, but it still threw an error on the final screen if you tried to purchase.

Apparently with United charging an extra $5 and $10 to book over the phone and at airports, respectively, they feel the "no fee" website in general is like 5% off

You can, however, get 15% off a flight, good until the end of May, I believe, by visiting the TED birthday site at: Happy Birthday, TED! (RAR!!!) Give it an e-mail address, and it will send you a 15% off e-cert; however, those certs do fail to work in the multi-city booking engine, claiming they're good only for roundtrip travel (even when said itin IS roundtrip )
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Also, the 'Happy Birthday TED' 15% discount says that it's vaild on any coach fare over $200 (before taxes and fees) but when I try to use it, it always pulls up a fare ABOVE $280 and states " we have found a lower fare without the 15% discount". This is NOT TRUE!! The fare they provide should still qualify for the 15% discount and it doesn't.

It's a game the UA is playing! I guess if one doesn't explore airfares, one might think they are getting a bargain!!!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I was suprisingly please a few weeks ago in booking a flight for June (beyond the limited window for Ted's Bday promotion). I used my entertainment book coupons, expecting to have to drive to LAX to ticket. They gave me an address and said I could mail the coupons within 24 hours. Worked well, and since the discount is tiered based on ticket value, it was much better than a 5% discount (came to about 16% for me). You just need to have enough notice to be able to book, mail and process the tix (less than 2 weeks for me).
Old Mar 28, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA1P
While you are factually correct, I doubt its a game that UA is playing, its rather a software bug. I experienced same problem, and very professional support people @ UAL tech support manually adjusted the credit card charge by 15%.

They are also working on fixing this.

Originally Posted by PSGlenn
Also, the 'Happy Birthday TED' 15% discount says that it's vaild on any coach fare over $200 (before taxes and fees) but when I try to use it, it always pulls up a fare ABOVE $280 and states " we have found a lower fare without the 15% discount". This is NOT TRUE!! The fare they provide should still qualify for the 15% discount and it doesn't.

It's a game the UA is playing! I guess if one doesn't explore airfares, one might think they are getting a bargain!!!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by collagen
While you are factually correct, I doubt its a game that UA is playing, its rather a software bug. I experienced same problem, and very professional support people @ UAL tech support manually adjusted the credit card charge by 15%.

They are also working on fixing this.
But they are unsympathetic to the problem of flying RT using the multi-city screen. When I tried to use the 15% I got a screen saying the e-coupon was only good for RT. When I called UA tech support they said, sorry, my flight isn't listed as RT. I tried 1K cust support and they wouldn't help either. They told me next time talk to a supervisor.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:16 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nor4
But they are unsympathetic to the problem of flying RT using the multi-city screen. When I tried to use the 15% I got a screen saying the e-coupon was only good for RT. When I called UA tech support they said, sorry, my flight isn't listed as RT. I tried 1K cust support and they wouldn't help either. They told me next time talk to a supervisor.
Yeah, and that's something I've never understood. When your trip is on a valid RT routing between your origin and destination and follows all the fare rules, how is it not a round trip? Sure, if you stop for 6 hours at a connecting city, it becomes a circle trip ... but when you transit all valid cities on a route with valid connection times, sure seems a RT to me. I'd love to hear them explain how it isn't truly a round trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.