FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Cheap tickets from EZE - SFO ?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/413340-cheap-tickets-eze-sfo.html)

SFO_Chad Mar 21, 2005 4:06 pm

Cheap tickets from EZE - SFO ??

I have heard about being able to get cheap tickets for US - Asia through consolidators and was wondering if there is a way to get 'cheap' tickets from Brazil (EZE) to US (SFO)?

Looking for an economy ticket to SFO this summer for a friend. The stay is about 3 weeks long if that matters. United is preferred carrier, but price will be deciding factor.

Thanks for the help.

SFO_Chad

UnitedSkies Mar 21, 2005 5:21 pm

Currently www.united.com.ar is promoting 10% off fares down to T class from EZE to SFO. Looks like fares start at $789+tax before discount.

pb9997 Mar 21, 2005 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_Chad
(...) and was wondering if there is a way to get 'cheap' tickets from Brazil (EZE) to US (SFO)?

Last time I checked the capital of Brazil wasn't Buenos Aires :D ...

So, are you looking ex-Brazil or ex-Argentina :D :D ???

SFO_Chad Mar 21, 2005 6:25 pm

Excellent point! :D I should not post in the morning after a long weekend.

How about cheap tickets from EZE - SFO or GRU - SFO.

Thanks to UnitedSkies as well.

pb9997 Mar 21, 2005 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_Chad
Excellent point! :D I should not post in the morning after a long weekend.

How about cheap tickets from EZE - SFO or GRU - SFO.

Thanks to UnitedSkies as well.

ex-EZE deals can be found directly at UA's website. I'm not aware of consolidators, but then I'm not a regular shopper there.

ex-Brazil are much more difficult due to local DAC not allowing fares below certain 'cost of production' levels (to protect Varig) thus the bottom price is always the same among them all.

You can find loopholes in Brazil but they usually don't last long... currently I've got none to report :( .

TakeMeToEZE Mar 22, 2005 4:32 pm

If price is your primary concern your best bet is often to split up the ticket. Buy the cheapest ticket you can find from EZE to the US on a decent airline (I suggest looking at EZE-MIA on AA; UA might be decently priced EZE-IAD, but don't bet on it) and then find the cheapest domestic ticket MIA(or whatever)-SFO possible.

This is how I get my partner to SEA from EZE so that it is as cheap as possible for him. By doing this he usually can save about $200 over simply buying a UA/AA EZE-SEA ticket. The inconvenience might seem like it makes it not worth while, but when you're being paid in pesos U$S 200 seems like a lot! :)