Wiki Posts
Search

Moving Intl S ticket up one day

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2005, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List
Moving Intl S ticket up one day

I have an S class ticket in two weeks ORD-CDF that I would like to move my departure up one day (business meeting in Chicago moved up one day.) Is there any trick to doing this on the cheap? Also, I'll pay to upgrade to E+ or C at the airport if reasonable. Are my odds better flying Saturday vs. moving it up to Friday? I have no status with United.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Looks like you'll have to pay the $200 fee short of a family emergency... or you can buy up to a fare that you can change..
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by jujube
Looks like you'll have to pay the $200 fee short of a family emergency... or you can buy up to a fare that you can change..
This isn't true. For an international itinerary, if you want to change the outbound, you can simply apply the cost of the original ticket towards the cost of any new ticket that is at least $1 more, with no penalty. So, just look for the cheapest ticket you can find for the new dates that you want, and with any luck, it won't be much more expensive. Since you have two weeks advance notice, you might be in pretty good shape.

If you wanted to change the return after you had already taken the outbound, then you'd be looking at a $200 fee + difference in fare.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jujube
that fee varies widely on a ticket to ticket basis. ime, no-fee bulk tickets are an increasingly rare breed, but $100 is still pretty common.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.