Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

EQMs when using your MP Visa to buy tickets over the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond

Since I was using Entertainment book coupons, I had to call UA Reservations to purchase the tickets for the family. I used my MP Visa Gold card for the difference. Does anyone know if I'll get the EQMs when purchasing over the phone? The fine print on the website seems to indicate that you only get them if you book the tickets online.

I already got charged the $5/ticket fee for booking on the phone when I had no other choice. I understand fees like this if you have the choice of online/phone, but given the only way to use these is by calling, seems like a cheap shot.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:55 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
Since I was using Entertainment book coupons, I had to call UA Reservations to purchase the tickets for the family. I used my MP Visa Gold card for the difference. Does anyone know if I'll get the EQMs when purchasing over the phone? The fine print on the website seems to indicate that you only get them if you book the tickets online.

I already got charged the $5/ticket fee for booking on the phone when I had no other choice. I understand fees like this if you have the choice of online/phone, but given the only way to use these is by calling, seems like a cheap shot.
How does the charge show up on your CC statement? The miles are coming from BankOne; I suspect they figure it based on looking for charges to whatever the web bookings show up as.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
Not sure if it's cuz I am 1K, but at the airport they don't charge me to use these coupons. I've heard it was because I can't use them online and also because I'm 1K (different reasons on different visits). I've used 4, and never been charged.

As far as miles posting, it is possible for the bank to know which transactions are UAL.COM and which are not, so it may be that the bonus miles won't apply. I have several transactions of my own in which I'm waiting to see how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.