Entertainment Book Coupons

Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Entertainment Book Coupons

Looking for some recommendations for using Entertainment book coupons.

Would it be worthwhile to just drive to the airport and confirm the tickets instead of mailing them in? The tickets are for our family vacation in July. The res agent said I have to mail these within 24 hours, etc. Also, will the $5 mail-in/$10 airport fee get waived since these can't be redeemed online?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
Looking for some recommendations for using Entertainment book coupons.

Would it be worthwhile to just drive to the airport and confirm the tickets instead of mailing them in? The tickets are for our family vacation in July. The res agent said I have to mail these within 24 hours, etc. Also, will the $5 mail-in/$10 airport fee get waived since these can't be redeemed online?
I've always mailed mine, after confirming by phone that the tickets are definitely "on-hold" longer for mailing time. I see no sense in driving to the airport, pay for parking, waiting in a long line, etc. The agents at the mail-in department do these all day long.

I've been charged the fee 2 out of 4 times. No rhyme or reason. Neither did I ask any of the 4 times to have it waived, so maybe asking will help with that........or it may just remind someone to go ahead and charge it. (which was my thinking )
Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:32 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
I've had only small problems mailing in the Ent coupons. They want the coupon postmarked no later than the day after you make the res.

The itinerary doesn't actually get ticketed until sometime after the coupon arrives in Dearborn. That means that you can use a confirmed upgrade until everything settles down.

The only problem I've had is that sometimes the credit card info that they take over the phone doesn't stick with the reservation and they end up calling again from Dearborn to get a credit card number.

Because of the erratic charging of fees, I think it would be in your best interest to mention, so ever kindly, to the telephone res agent, that it is not possible to use the coupons on line, so you were hoping that they would kindly waive the fee as they are able to do. I could be wrong, but I have the impression that agents can manually override that fee.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 7:34 pm

If your fare is $200 or more and you travel before May 27, the 15% discount is a better deal, and you can do everything online. I don't have the link to the promo with me, but should be easy to find.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by brengaz
If your fare is $200 or more and you travel before May 27, the 15% discount is a better deal, and you can do everything online. I don't have the link to the promo with me, but should be easy to find.
Here's the link:

http://www.united.com/birthday

You can register as many times as you want using different email address.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
Here's the link:

http://www.united.com/birthday

You can register as many times as you want using different email address.

Has the link been pulled already? I can't display the page.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Latitudes
Has the link been pulled already? I can't display the page.

i just tried it; worked okay for me.
(and thanks to holtju2 for the tip!)
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Deadline for registration was Feb 28, 2005.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Karen2
Deadline for registration was Feb 28, 2005.

that's what it says in the fine print, but i registered and got my nifty e-certificate today

(you can't win if you don't play!)
Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:53 pm

OK, the page is back up now and I register for an e-Certificate.

Five minutes later I have it! Thanks. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.