Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Europe in August - need help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Traveling to Europe in August - need help

I am planning a trip to Europe (ORD-VIE or ORD-FRA) at end of August coming back mid-September. I am hoping to be able to book an award travel for 4 of us -- saver/economy. I am still a few thousand miles short which I should be able to earn in the next couple of months. My question is how much time do I have before all saver/economy seats for ORD-VIE get booked? Can you guess? Your help is appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:38 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
For saver awards for Europe during the summer?

WOW... would be shocked if they ever released that many....

Have you tried already to check on availability for the dates you want?

William
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I have - only I tried 2 seats not 4. We are traveling on or around August 25 and very flexible as far as dates and times. It is pretty much the end of the "hot" season, isn't it?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:55 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Unfortunately I have to agree with William. Obtaining four seats on the same August flight will be a challenge.

Demand to FRA or VIE is usually high until after Octoberfest. FRA should be the easier of the two, as there are more flight options from ORD.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Good luck, it took me a couple of months to be able to book a couple of first class tickets to Europe.. Call everyday and try to find an agent up to the challenge. Multiples connections are to be expected if you are lucky enought to find tickets..
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
2 weeks ago I booked 5 economy savers (SFO-LHR-OTP)...there was plenty of availability outbound (Aug 14) but not much on the return (Aug 29).

So I think your chances are decent, but I do recommend checking now to get a more specific idea. If you return after Labor Day, then you start to hit shoulder season and the demand wanes a bit.

There are many ways to get to LHR from ORD on UA, and I booked on OS to get to Bucharest (via Vienna), so I know there was plenty of availability in each direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.