Wiki Posts
Search

Freddie Awards Typo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Freddie Awards Typo

So I was voting for my favorite frequent flyer program, Mileage Plus, and noticed an interesting mistake on the page. On the 2nd page, you vote for the best award. United and AA are on there for the short-haul award ticket with the *exact* same description.

Under AA's:

American AAdvantage - Short-Haul Awards: Members could claim roundtrip short-haul (750 miles or less) MileSAAver awards for only 15,000 miles in coach (a 10,000-mile savings) or 30,000 miles in first or business class (a 15,000-mile savings).

Under UA's:

United Mileage Plus - Short-Haul Awards: Members could claim roundtrip short-haul (750 miles or less) MileSAAver awards for only 15,000 miles in coach (a 10,000-mile savings) or 30,000 miles in first or business class (a 15,000-mile savings).

Think they used cut & paste??

Maybe someday AA stop using that stupid AA for any "a" they use in a sentence.

All I have to say is that this is an insult to Mileage Plus..
Old Feb 15, 2005, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
bump...

The Freddies gives us an opportunity to tell UA with some specificity which features of MP we appreciate.

Vote early and often: especially if you believe (as I suspect a number of us do) that MP is the best domestic FF program in spite of its shortcomings. Winning the Freddies again could be a great PR boon in difficult times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.