Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Agent, agent not working. They found us out!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985

The search function is broken or I would have just added this to that post.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
United lurkers, Please leave this stupid feature off the elite phone line.
Thank you.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:28 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Hmm, worked for me yesterday on the 2P and 1P lines (still no 1P kit, so I started with a call to the 2P # and finally asked them to give me the 1P # for future calls )

Although I have had it "choke" before on more than one occasion and go into an infinite loop when saying "agent, agent" to try to get sent right to one... HAL melts down and starts saying, "Thanks, let me get some more information in order to direct your call to the right agent," then starts interrupting himself over and over: "Is your call on a new or existing--thanks, let me get some--is your flight domestic or international?--hold on while I transfer you--thanks, let me--" etc.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
I used the "Agent ... Agent" method last night.

Worked just fine, on the 1k line.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:24 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Agent, agent, domestic or Agent, agent, international - that's all you need to know, and it worked fine just now.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 6:06 pm

Programs: MP Platinum
I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't IMPOSSIBLE to use while in the airport terminal. Every 15 to 30 seconds some announcement over the PA gets it all confused and you have to start over. Touch tones PLEASE!
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by yogi
I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't IMPOSSIBLE to use while in the airport terminal. Every 15 to 30 seconds some announcement over the PA gets it all confused and you have to start over. Touch tones PLEASE!
I guess I am not the only one. Very frustrating to use their VR system while at the airport. I guess that no one in quality assurance tested that "bizarre" scenario where people used the system while in a place such as an airport with continous PA announcements.

albatross
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:18 pm

The voice recognition system just sucks.

Who the hell came up with putting this in? I'd have kicked his or her ... right out to the curb.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jim Phillips
The voice recognition system just sucks.

Who the hell came up with putting this in? I'd have kicked his or her ... right out to the curb.
You think United's is bad? Delta's is worse!!
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Agent, agent, domestic or Agent, agent, international - that's all you need to know, and it worked fine just now.
This was the tip I needed. Last time I needed international, the agent agent command got me to domestic, and then they disconnected me while trying to get to international.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:51 am

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by albatross
I guess I am not the only one. Very frustrating to use their VR system while at the airport. I guess that no one in quality assurance tested that "bizarre" scenario where people used the system while in a place such as an airport with continous PA announcements.

albatross
Nope you're not the only one by a long shot. It’s impossible to use voice recognition systems in airports. I've even tried to cover the microphone of my phone with my finger until I'll ready to give my response... the noise of me putting my finger over the microphone made it think I was talking and all I got was a "Sorry, I didn’t understand... please say that again"

Anyway, back to the original topic... although I haven’t tried "agent, agent" for a while, I did read the other day on the 1k only site "If you're not comfortable with the voice prompt system, just say agent to be connect to a United representative" so I would image it should still work?
Old Feb 12, 2005, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Did you try the old standby of touch-toning the zero (once or a few times)?

I hate VR systems too (especially in noisy places like airports, as noted above by others), but very often they ALSO respond to touch-tone commands.

So give it a try! @:-)
Old Feb 12, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
I found that pushing the zero before the roboagent kicks in gets me to an agent right away.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by nor4
I found that pushing the zero before the roboagent kicks in gets me to an agent right away.
Just as I thought!!! ^ ^ ^
Old Feb 12, 2005, 5:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
Originally Posted by tann1001
.. I did read the other day on the 1k only site "If you're not comfortable with the voice prompt system, just say agent to be connect to a United representative" so I would image it should still work?
I just tried that and it cycled back to the beginning: "So that I know what type of agent to connect you to: are you calling about flight status, reservations, or upgrades?" None of those--I just want a seat assignment!

Also...why does he have to click his tongue all the time?
Old Feb 12, 2005, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SNA1K
I just tried that and it cycled back to the beginning: "So that I know what type of agent to connect you to: are you calling about flight status, reservations, or upgrades?" None of those--I just want a seat assignment!

Also...why does he have to click his tongue all the time?
"Seat assignment" would be under "reservations." ("Flight status" or "upgrades" might just get you another VR menu; "reservations" should get you a live agent.)

And I'll bet you that (when you're at the point in the menu where you're given those three options) if you touch-tone "1" for flight status, "2" for reservations, or "3" for upgrades, it'll work. Give it a try! @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.