Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Received my thanks for flying card from the pilot [merged threads]

Received my thanks for flying card from the pilot [merged threads]

Old Dec 17, 2004, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
I've received a half dozen or so from pilots and even some from the pursers (most recently last month JFK-LAX). Pursers usually make an effort to thank me for flying so much with them. It was once very embarassing on a LAX-HNL flight. 3 or 4 FAs made a special effort to recognize me. Felt good too!!
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I was on the NRT-HNL flight this morning and the pilot went through FC and BC and thanked people for flying UAL. A bit odd though was that he only thanked the people seated near the window and entirely skipped the middle section (at least in BC where I was). Thought that was a bit strange.
Old May 22, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM Gold
Smile Thank you business card from the Captain

I've read about this happening on another thread, but I can't find it.

After a long hard 18 hours in Econ+ SFO-HKG-SIN, I got a business card from Captain Deke out of Chicago thanking me for flying United. This was a very very up moment for an otherwise tough flight.

Thank you Capt. Deke.
Old May 22, 2007, 1:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
OK, that's funny, I got one I believe from him a while ago too. We figured he must be pretty bored to be up there scribbling

Mr and Mrs Cordelli
Thank you for choosing United

Capt Deeke (or whatever it is)

and then coming to pass them out.

I did rember it was a very nice touch though.
Old May 22, 2007, 1:37 pm

I got one about a year ago, I was at first quite curious when I saw the FA going through F and checking the backs as she handed them out to make sure they went to the right person. Definitely a nice little surprise. ^ ^
Old May 22, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
It's little things like this that really add to the travel experience...bravo to cabin and flight deck crews that are appreciative and caring to customers.
Old May 22, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

I got one recently on a short flight into ORD with his email highlighted and requesting feedback. It caught me by surprise

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.