Wiki Posts
Search

Fly 2/4 for Premier/Premier Exec

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2004, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Fly 2/4 for Premier/Premier Exec

(Did not see this one previously.......apologize in advance if duplicate)

The wife and I both got this email today. Targeted? I'm already 2P for next year so I'm unsure.

Congratulations! You have been invited to earn elite status in as few as two round trips.

Simply register, pay the $50 registration fee and then:

* Fly 2 United®, TedSM or United Express® qualifying, roundtrip flights in F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, or M class and earn Premier status valid through February 2006.
* Fly 4 United, Ted or United Express qualifying, roundtrip flights in F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, or M class and earn Premier Executive status valid through February 2006.

Flights must be flown between September 10, 2004 and October 25, 2004.

To register and pay the fee by credit card, visit united.com.

Don’t miss out on elite membership benefits:

* Elite mileage bonus (extra redeemable miles for every United, Ted or United Express flight)
* Priority check-in and boarding
* Access to Economy Plus® seating
* Complimentary upgrades from select full fare economy purchases

Visit united.com for complete elite membership details.

Register now! This elite status offer is only valid for travel between September 10, 2004 and October 25, 2004.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Hey, thanks for posting this.

Originally Posted by ChgoBob
(Did not see this one previously.......apologize in advance if duplicate)

You have been invited ...
Given that wording, I would guess that it is targeted, but so that we can be sure (and dissect it to death ), any chance you can post the full T&C (including the promotion code)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Given that wording, I would guess that it is targeted, but so that we can be sure (and dissect it to death ), any chance you can post the full T&C (including the promotion code)?

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't read into "You're invited" as being targeting... United has invited us into many untargeting promos over the years, especially Ameniti!
Old Sep 10, 2004, 3:02 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
I also got this and my impression was it's targetted.

Checking fares, the best I've found so far is a $158 o/w M TUS-PHX.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
UA did this last year. It was targeted to former UAMP elites who had lost their status by not flying enough that year.

UA probably figured their C11 filing scared off a lot of folks to AA and other airlines, and wanted them "back in the fold".
Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Hey, thanks for posting this.

Thanks in advance.
Here's everything, with the link:

Congratulations! You have been invited to earn elite status in as few as two round trips.

Simply register, pay the $50 registration fee and then:

* Fly 2 United®, TedSM or United Express® qualifying, roundtrip flights in F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, or M class and earn Premier status valid through February 2006.
* Fly 4 United, Ted or United Express qualifying, roundtrip flights in F, A, P, C, D, Y, B, or M class and earn Premier Executive status valid through February 2006.

Flights must be flown between September 10, 2004 and October 25, 2004.

To register and pay the fee by credit card, visit united.com.

http://www.unitedmileageplus.com/MP0409RB.jsp

Don’t miss out on elite membership benefits:

* Elite mileage bonus (extra redeemable miles for every United, Ted or United Express flight)
* Priority check-in and boarding
* Access to Economy Plus® seating
* Complimentary upgrades from select full fare economy purchases

Visit united.com for complete elite membership details.

Register now! This elite status offer is only valid for travel between September 10, 2004 and October 25, 2004.

©2004 United Air Lines, Inc.

Terms and conditions:
Offer valid for travel between September 10, 2004 and October 25, 2004. Qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account to qualify for the offer on/before December 15, 2004. Offer valid on roundtrip flights operated by United, Ted and United Express only on paid published fares in classes F, A, P, C, D, Y, B and M. Roundtrip travel is defined as two each-way trips that depart from and return to the same co-terminal booked in a single reservation under one qualifying ticket number, with all travel on UA, United Express or Ted. Open jaws are not permitted. This offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Registration and payment must be completed by October 25, 2004. E-ticketSM purchase is required. A one-time-only $50 (USD) fee is required. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. The $50 fee for this offer is not refundable. Premier and Premier Executive status is not transferable. This offer is valid only for recipients of this communication. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and additional taxes may apply for international residents. This offer is not valid on government fares. Mileage Plus number must be provided prior to flight departure for trip to qualify. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Premier or Premier Executive status awarded under this promotion will be updated and available for viewing on united.com upon completion of qualifying flight activity and will be followed by processing of updated membership materials. United reserves the right to change or terminate the Mileage Plus program at any time without notice. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com/mileageplus. (MPW 094)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR UPDATE YOUR E-MAIL OPTIONS
You are currently subscribed to receive information from United at <snip>. You may modify your e-mail options or unsubscribe at any time by signing in with your Mileage Plus number and password. Please read our privacy policy. Requests to unsubscribe from United e-mails may take 10 business days to process. Please do not attempt to respond to this message. We cannot accept electronic replies to this e-mail address. Written inquiries may be sent to:
United Airlines World Headquarters-WHQPW
1200 E. Algonquin Rd.
Elk Grove Township, Illinois 60007
USA

Top of page

Last edited by ChgoBob; Sep 10, 2004 at 4:56 pm
Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:30 pm

D@MN I'm happy to be a 1K right now...Nothing else will really matter anymore.

Randomman
Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ChgoBob
You are currently subscribed to receive information from United at XXXX.
I don't know if you care, but you may want to edit out your email address...
Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I take this to be targeted based on the part of the T&C's I bolded.

Terms and conditions:
Offer valid for travel between September 10, 2004 and October 25, 2004. Qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account to qualify for the offer on/before December 15, 2004. Offer valid on roundtrip flights operated by United, Ted and United Express only on paid published fares in classes F, A, P, C, D, Y, B and M. Roundtrip travel is defined as two each-way trips that depart from and return to the same co-terminal booked in a single reservation under one qualifying ticket number, with all travel on UA, United Express or Ted. Open jaws are not permitted. This offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Registration and payment must be completed by October 25, 2004. E-ticketSM purchase is required. A one-time-only $50 (USD) fee is required. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. The $50 fee for this offer is not refundable. Premier and Premier Executive status is not transferable. This offer is valid only for recipients of this communication. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and additional taxes may apply for international residents. This offer is not valid on government fares. Mileage Plus number must be provided prior to flight departure for trip to qualify. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Premier or Premier Executive status awarded under this promotion will be updated and available for viewing on united.com upon completion of qualifying flight activity and will be followed by processing of updated membership materials. United reserves the right to change or terminate the Mileage Plus program at any time without notice. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com/mileageplus. (MPW 094)
Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
How come I dont pay this much attention to the other random things I subsribe to in my life?
Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't know if you care, but you may want to edit out your email address...
Thanks,.......yes I do care.

>>Randomman wrote:
"D@MN I'm happy to be a 1K right now...Nothing else will really matter anymore."

I think that email is coming next week. I'll buy my 1K then...........and dilute your seats too.........

Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
UA did this last year. It was targeted to former UAMP elites who had lost their status by not flying enough that year.
I got the new offer, and I've only ever been a GM.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
I'm a 2P with enough booked travel to lock in next year's 2P too, and I got the email.

For what it's worth.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta, UA, SPG
2/4 $50

Mr ME1st received this offer - he has never been more than a GM and flies average of 3 paid flights a year. I agree with Randomman - 1K will be worth more in 2005.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
No doubt UA is offering elite status to occasional fliers in an attempt to get them to fly UA more in 2005 with the benefits of being an elite - especially with the access restrictions being tightened for Economy Plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.