FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Inviting a guest into NRT RCC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/351276-inviting-guest-into-nrt-rcc.html)

007 Sep 1, 2004 5:09 am

Inviting a guest into NRT RCC

Hello
I will be passing through NRT (I am in business class with UA premiere status) next week. I would like to invite my friend, who happens to be going through NRT as well on the same day (though he's on AA). Will I be allow to bring him in as a guest?

I remember last time when I was on C tix at ORD, the RCC agent refuse me to bring in a guest. Is the International RCC's rule diff from domestic one?

Thanks for helping ^

transpac Sep 1, 2004 5:45 am

I don't think you can bring a guest in, unless you are an RCC member or flying in first class.

S*RCC/ADMIT UPDATED 03MAY2004

* * * UNITED RED CARPET CLUB ACCESS GUIDELINES * * *
FOR US AIRWAYS NEWS >S*R.U

UNITED BUSINESS INTERNATIONAL AT ALL CLUBS ON SAME-DAY
TRAVEL... NO GUESTS ALLOWED... TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD
BE PROVIDED AT GATEWAY.

kluau88 Sep 1, 2004 8:29 am

transpac is correct on this one.

weero Sep 1, 2004 11:26 am

Originally Posted by 007
..Will I be allow to bring him in as a guest?..

Yes, completely impossible. The only difference between the US RCCs and the intl. ones is that *G can always use them without being member and they can bring one guest.
Try the ANA lounge instead they are much more flexible to deal with and they try to be supportive. On a SAS C ticket, I managed to drag a guest into the ANA lounge.
I know it's no guarantee but worth a try.

transpac Sep 1, 2004 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Try the ANA lounge instead they are much more flexible to deal with and they try to be supportive. On a SAS C ticket, I managed to drag a guest into the ANA lounge.
I know it's no guarantee but worth a try.

The NH (ANA) lounges at NRT are in a completely different terminal from both UA and AA, so not really an option for the OP. I would never recommend anyone in transit on UA at NRT go from Terminal 1 (UA/AA/others) to Terminal 2 (NH/JL/others) and back just to try and bring a guest into a lounge. This would be crazy.

SeatMonger Sep 1, 2004 4:00 pm

Rcc Intl

*Gold gets you to RCC's, Bus Cl gets you in. If you depart US and are Bus you are in but not just *G. In the intl room guests can go with members not seating or *G status. Now it is true that overseas you have a much better chance bending the rules. Their costs are lower because their cleaning staff doesn't make 80K USD per year.

weero Sep 2, 2004 6:32 am

Originally Posted by transpac
..I would never recommend anyone in transit on UA at NRT go from Terminal 1 (UA/AA/others) to Terminal 2 (NH/JL/others) and back just to try and bring a guest into a lounge. This would be crazy.

Yes that is true it is major hassle.
If you had a stop anyway then you get some free NRT sightseeing.
And depending to which *A carrier you connect to, you have to undergo the transfer anyway.

ORDnHKG Sep 2, 2004 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by SeatMonger
*Gold gets you to RCC's, Bus Cl gets you in. If you depart US and are Bus you are in but not just *G. In the intl room guests can go with members not seating or *G status. Now it is true that overseas you have a much better chance bending the rules. Their costs are lower because their cleaning staff doesn't make 80K USD per year.

Star Alliance bus connect for UA to NH or reverse require a ticket with showing your boarding pass that you are connect to either a NH or UA flight.