MSY in late October

Old Aug 3, 04, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanum, Hilton Diamond
MSY in late October

Anyone have any idea what's up with MSY availability in late October (Oct 21-24) specifically? I know it's convention time there, but this seems awfully early for all of these flights to be full. I'm trying both Oct 21 & 22 with no luck, returning on the 24th.

I am trying to get down there from BOS for Tulane's homecoming game, but all of the UA operated flights are pretty zeroed-out. Any pricing on united.com only shows US operated flights. BOS to ORD & IAD look fine.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 3, 04, 11:30 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I've found that even though the ORD-MSY segment may not be booked that heavily they always try to sell only the higher fare buckets on my most frequent route (SMF-MSY). Therefore, I usually never end up connecting through ORD (don't like DEN because of Ted) and have to connect through SFO or LAX. Maybe there's a special event that weekend, but I would check your options, maybe you could take US from CLT or PHL. If there was something in town then your US options might be difficult too.

On another note, I'm glad your making it down for Tulane's homecoming game! Go green wave! (I'm a student there).

Wish you best luck in finding your ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: