Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Mileage Plus Forum FAQ, Wiki, and Glossary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage Plus Forum FAQ, Wiki, and Glossary

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackal
Oh! My goodness, you're right!

I can get the "Help" menu to drop down if my place my cursor underneath the "TopFlyer" link a certain way. I think IB (the folks who run the board) made some changes to the header this week that might have affected that. I'll report the issue.
Just a follow-up note: Internet Brands' admin has made some changes that appear to have fixed the problem for me. The "Help" menu, which includes the "Glossary" link, should now be visible at the top of the page header.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: United, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by benchardf
I just booked a DFW-BOS via PHL flight on UNITED.COM on US Airways metal. I do not have a dividend miles account so I did not enter a FF number when making the purchase. Will the miles automatically post on my MP account since the flight was booked on United.com or should I open an account with US Airways and add that FF number?
Originally Posted by goalie
Did you book the reservation via .bomb* while logged in with your MP number? If yes, then the miles will post to your UA MP account (and to confirm, log back into your MP account and see if your itinerary is listed. If yes, then the miles will post to your MP a/c and as another confirmation, your MP number should print on your BP but if not, the US gate agent can input it for you). If you want the miles to post to a US a/c, then you'll need to open a US account and then change the mileage number form UA to US either on-line, by phone with US or have a US gate agent do it for you)

*.bomb = a "term of endearment" for UA's website as it bombs out and is a piece of ......
Yes, I booked the reservatin on *.bomb while logged on in my MP account.

How long does it take for the miles to credit on my account? I flew the US Airways flight more than 2 weeks ago, but the miles still have not credited. Do I need to request for the credit on *.bomb?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by benchardf
Yes, I booked the reservatin on *.bomb while logged on in my MP account.

How long does it take for the miles to credit on my account? I flew the US Airways flight more than 2 weeks ago, but the miles still have not credited. Do I need to request for the credit on *.bomb?
Time to request credit and make sure you have your original ticket number(s) (and bp's in case you are instructed to mail/fax in your information)
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:47 am

Do I get charged to cancel?

Flying on non-refund ticket and I need to move back the departure date.

To change this on the current reservation will cost $190 versus just buying a new one-way ticket for $140. (a mere $50, but still)

Can I just cancel my return ticket and buy a new one-way or will united charge to cancel that portion of my ticket?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bambilam
....Can I just cancel my return ticket and buy a new one-way or will united charge to cancel that portion of my ticket?...!
No charge to cancel -- there is a charge to re-booking or use leftover credit.

So, if the new ticket is less then the change fee, just throwaway the return makes the most sense.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:45 am

Hello, just joined FT this week and have a few newbie questions. Couldn't find a "newbie-stupid questions" thread similar to the one in AAdvantage forum so hopefully it's ok to post here.

1. I have a Turkish Airlines FF card and some miles accumulated on it. Now have to book a United LAX-Hawaii flight for myself and husband. Should I use my TA FF number when booking or is there any value in starting a separate Mileage Plus account?
2. What about for husband? (he doesn't have any *A FF accounts).
3. If I start a MP account and accumulate points in both FF accounts, can I combine miles earned from both to book a reward flight in either one?
4. If I keep the TA account as my consolidated *A account and get the MileagePlusExplorer Visa, can I get the 40K signup bonus in my TA account? Or is this one example of where I would need to create a MP account?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:08 pm

Hi ... I loved this card but just had an awful experience travelling in London. Called Chase Mileage Plus United Visa to alert them that I was in London - this was Sunday night. The next night I hosted a dinner with 20 colleagues and had my card declined. Called Chase at 10:30 at night only to find out the customer service rep had accidentally cancelled my card after she assured me I was set the day before. At that point the customer service manager apologized but said there was nothing that could be done. Thank goodness I had enough $$ in my checking account and could use my debit, but this was one of the worst credit card experience ever.

Has this happened to other folks?? Is this common? I've already heard about one issue with Visa based on posting on Facebook, but I"m wondering if there's a specific issue with this card?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Lifetime miles definitions are different from airline to airline, UA's is one of the most limited. But most require crediting the program with the flight to get the lifetime credit.
For UA codeshare flights (UA flight #, but LH/LX/SQ metal) credited to UA MP, the miles do not count toward lifetime miles, right?

What about the reverse: LH/LX flight # but UA metal? If credited to UA MP, the miles do count toward lifetime miles, right?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
For UA codeshare flights (UA flight #, but LH/LX/SQ metal) credited to UA MP, the miles do not count toward lifetime miles, right? ...
for 2012 correct.

At the end of Dec 2011, UA MP did a one recalibration of Lifetime credit to include past partner flights / EQMs into the UA MP Lifetime metric. This was onetime only and put the UA & CO Lifetime metric on equal footing.
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
... What about the reverse: LH/LX flight # but UA metal? If credited to UA MP, the miles do count toward lifetime miles, right?
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.