Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timing my jump

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Timing my jump

As a US2, I'm ready to throw myself on UA's mercy for a Comp (need I explain why? .) The question I have is, When?

If I request a comp now, will it include next year as well? Or will the Comp only cover the remainder of 2004?

This far into the year, I won't be flying an additional 50k, so I'd like a comp to cover me through 05.

With this in mind, when's the best time to come over?
Old May 12, 2004, 7:37 am

Location: MSP - UA 1k, NW Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
To my knowledge - US and UA won't comp status based on each other as part of their marketing / codeshare agreement.
Old May 12, 2004, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomod
To my knowledge - US and UA won't comp status based on each other as part of their marketing / codeshare agreement.
If this is true, what recourse do I have to begin moving away from US to UA?

Just open up an MP account and start using that number on all *A flights?
And then, by using a new MP#, would that negate my US2 status perks on those flights?

If so, come March of next year, I'll be a lowly US3 and (maybe) a UA3. Doesn't sound good.

From a UA business standpoint, where's the incentive to fly UA more?
Old May 12, 2004, 9:09 am

Couldn't you get another carrier to comp you like say Delta? Then turn around and use that status to get UA to comp you?

Michael
Old May 12, 2004, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by klawansky
Couldn't you get another carrier to comp you like say Delta? Then turn around and use that status to get UA to comp you?

Michael
I thought they wanted copies of your mileage statements when being comped. If that's true then they are looking for evidence that you fly regularly on the carrier that you hold status with.
Old May 12, 2004, 11:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

True.. so, unless there's significant flight activity with Delta after the Delta comp... there prob won't be a subsequent comp on UA.

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I thought they wanted copies of your mileage statements when being comped. If that's true then they are looking for evidence that you fly regularly on the carrier that you hold status with.
Old May 12, 2004, 12:28 pm
mkc

Originally Posted by producer
Just open up an MP account and start using that number on all *A flights?
And then, by using a new MP#, would that negate my US2 status perks on those flights?
Using your MP should not negate your perks. Just be sure to carry your US2 card with you when you fly. It would be best to do this at the beginning of a calendar year, as then the maximum miles will accrue for the year. If you don't think you'll hit 1P this year (50K), but will requalify for US2, wait until 2005 to start flying UA if you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.