Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

HNL RCC access for 1P upon international arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2004, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

I was flying Y from NRT to HNL to SFO yesterday, and I am a 1P. I went to the HNL RCC and was told that I could not use the RCC because they do not allow access for flying HNL to SFO. They said that they only allow access for the outbound international segment.

I told them that's different from what I understand and also what I experienced. I thought that as long as I have the same day international boarding pass (in this case the NRT to HNL one), I can have access to the RCC as I am travelling internationally - I just finished an international segment and am continuing with a domestic segment. They said they have checked couple times with the RCC main office and that's always been the policy. They called up the Tucson office, and had me talk to an agent there who also confirmed the policy. He explained that the policy has always been the same, it's just that different clubs do not interpret it well and it's only an exception granted when they allow access.

This is the first time I am denied access to RCC after arriving from an international segment. Does anyone have similar experience like this ?
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have never had any problems at IAD, MIA, ORD, LAX and JFK, but I have never used the RCC at HNL....
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA-Gold MM, SPG Plat
I was denied access in HNL as well, in the exact same situation. My routing was NRT-HNL-SFO-ORD-MSP. I was susequently admitted in SFO and ORD on the next day. (Actually one RCC at ORD didn't let me in, but the other one did!) Talk about inconsistency!

Yesterday I received a response to an email I sent to the Red Carpet Club in which I asked for clarification with regard specifically to that incident.

Thank you for contacting us.

On your behalf, I contacted the Red Carpet Club Service Center for
clarification to your inquiry. As a Gold Premier Executive Member,
access to the Red Carpet Club while traveling internationally is only
allowed at international locations. I hope I have answered your
question. For further assistance, please feel free to contact our Red
Carpet Club Service Center at 1-866-UA-CLUBS or 1-866-822-5827.

We appreciate this opportunity to be of assistance and look forward to
serving you again.

Regards,

xxx xxx
United Airlines Customer Relations
That sounds like I am not supposed to get access on outbound domestic segments either, and I have never been denied access in that situation.

I would be grateful if someone could post the official policy on this. The short statement in the 1P welcome package doesn't address this clearly.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:57 pm

try ac or nz lounge

if you can't get in try the AC or NZ lounges at HNL.... although I suspect they won't be open the times you want to go.... they usually have late evening departures from HNL to AKL or SYD...
Old Apr 2, 2004, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, recovering former United 1k
Strange, I gained access the the HNL RCC with almost the same situation. I was on an business class RTW ticket, laid over in HNL coming from NRT and was on my way home to DEN. I presented this info to the RCC host and she let me in without question.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 4:51 pm
JTE

Programs: UA Premier Exec
I am flying from MCO to BKK through SFO and NRT. I am 1P flying with a companion. Which RCC's will I be able to enter? I only have a short time in SFO so that is no big deal however I do have 3 hours in NRT. What other clubs can anyone reccomend in NRT?
Thanks
Jim
Old Apr 2, 2004, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Worldminer - That was possible since you flew on C.
As far as I know, the member who is holding same-day international segment BP will be admitted to RCC.
In my sense, RCC access isn't permitted for 1P upon international arrival.
Anyhow, RCCs aren't good as other Asian *A members' lounges.
Compare to them, RCC is s*i*t*
Old Apr 2, 2004, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N227UA
Worldminer - That was possible since you flew on C.
But I thought 'C' class 'domestic' ticket alone still won't get you access. According to what the RCC person says, it's the segment that you are going to fly next (not the one you just gets off) that defines whether it's domestic or international, which in turn will determine whether you have access to RCC.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 1:51 am

Don't bother trying to get in AC or NZ. Their lounges aren't open in the morning when UA's int'l flights arrive from NRT and KIX.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 2:49 am

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
You should have been allowed access:

RCC/ADMIT
38N/ ****** UA AND STAR ENTITLEMENT ACCESS ******
39N/ UNITED FIRST INTERNATIONAL AT ALL CLUBS ON SAME-DAY
40N/ TRAVEL...ONE GUEST ALLOWED...TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD
41N/ BE PROVIDED AT THE GATEWAY.
42N/ UNITED BUSINESS INTERNATIONAL AT ALL CLUBS ON SAME-DAY
43N/ TRAVEL...NO GUESTS ALLOWED...TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD
44N/ BE PROVIDED AT GATEWAY.
45N/ **** STAR GOLD ACCESS - OA STAR ALLIANCE CUSTOMERS ****
46N/ STAR GOLD.....ALL CLASSES REGARDLESS OF STAR
47N/ CARRIER TICKETED ON...HAVE ACCESS AT ALL CLUBS
48N/ ON SAME-DAY TRAVEL. CUSTOMER SHOULD
49N/ PRESENT STAR GOLD CARD WITH SAME-DAY TICKET.
50N/ -GUEST MUST ALSO BE TRAVELING ON SAME-DAY STAR
51N/ TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD BE PROVIDED AT GATEWAY.
52N/ ALL CARD HOLDERS AND GUESTS SHOULD BE TRACKED AND
53N/ AND CROSS CHARGED.
54N/ ***NOTE UA STAR GOLD CUSTOMERS HAVE ACCESS
55N/ ONLY IN CONJUNCTION WITH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL***
As long as you are travelling in conjunction with international travel you get access inbound and outbound.

Edited to add that I personally have had no problems getting domestic RCC access in SFO, DEN, ORD, IND ( alas no more) when flying to/from SYD. I just show them my MP card, my next BP and the BP for the international segment.

Last edited by BrisbanePE; Apr 3, 2004 at 2:55 am
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:34 pm

Anyone have any current info/experiences to add to this?

Originally Posted by BrisbanePE
You should have been allowed access:

As long as you are travelling in conjunction with international travel you get access inbound and outbound.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by littlegreenmen
Anyone have any current info/experiences to add to this?
the are multiple current threads on RCC access
such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...1-edition.html

unclear which access method you are asking about, but all *G on same day international travel can have access to RCC
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
unclear which access method you are asking about, but all *G on same day international travel can have access to RCC
Was wondering about a domestic -> domestic connection on an inbound international itinerary, answered (by you!) in the thread linked above. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.