Wiki Posts
Search

Now I am being thrown out of my seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Now I am being thrown out of my seat

Well, they are trying. I was in 1b on a q300 and was told that seat was needed for an fa trainee. Is it common to ask a revenue pax with a seat assignment to move for a trainee. I guess so.

Last edited by cruisr; Apr 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: DAL-PM
On a regional aircraft they will have to move a pax in order to accomodate training or FA checks.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:39 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by cruisr
Well, they are trying. I was in 1b on a q300 and was told that seat was needed for an fa trainee. Is it common to ask a revenue pax with a seat assignment to move for a trainee. I guess so.
If they are observing what happensaround row 1, then row 1 is where I would seat them if I were in charge. And if in row 1, a particula letter seat is not obstucted by otherpassengers, or has a view of certain parts of the palane, ten i would use that seat. It is usually pre-determined what the seats are on certain aircraft for situations like this. Just as certain seats on mainline planes are more able to accomodate disabled passengers, and yes, they trump a pre-assigned sat. I've heard rumors on this boad that even an air marshal can trump your seat request for operation mission needs. Operational needs will win out 99% of the time over desires.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:59 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
But what happens when there's a FAM *and* a trainee onboard? Arm wrestle?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
It happens. Starting a thread on it often fixes the problem.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Any reason you're asking this on the PMUA forum? I wasn't aware that PMUA even had any Q planes?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by joel67
Any reason you're asking this on the PMUA forum? I wasn't aware that PMUA even had any Q planes?
CO
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by joel67
Sorry, meant to post it in the PMCO thread. It ended ok though as when the flight finished boarding it turns out 1a was vacant so I moved there.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
I fly US Express routes (Q300 and CR2q's) regularly and I learned to never count on sitting in my assigned seat - usually because of weight/ balance issues. The flight is only 35 minutes up and down, so I don't usually care about not ending up in the exit row.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Well, they are trying. I was in 1b on a q300 and was told that seat was needed for an fa trainee.
You didn't have to switch classes, right? And you ended up in 1A? I am not feeling your pain.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I was once in row 2 of a CR7, and skywest moved me from 2c aisle to 2d window due to a trainee. Since she was up on her feet from wheels up to wheels down, it made no difference; I had both seats to myself. So I am very much in favor of trainee flights. It was her final trainee flight, and she got her wings upon landing.

Note that on flights when the trainer is seated, she takes row 1, typically 1a.

Originally Posted by PTahCha
But what happens when there's a FAM *and* a trainee onboard? Arm wrestle?
If I were the airline, I'd tell the FAM that the flight is canceled. Then I'd create a new 9xxx flight, and move all my pax, sans the FAM, to it. I'd play that game all day. Those FAs don't train themselves.

Originally Posted by Continental250K
It happens. Starting a thread on it often fixes the problem.
lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.