Why does this forum exist?

Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sea1k4evr
i guess, but i think it's high time to get rid of these sub-forums. at minimum, perhaps a permanent moratorium on any new threads in the sub-forums... only replies to older threads.
+1

Originally Posted by fwaaa
there's no need to do away with the sub-fora; imo, keeping them would make searching easier than if they were somehow combined into one mega-forum. at the same time, there's no need to start new threads in the sub-fora.
+1
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by hobo13
This forum exists as a place for PMUA flyers to conduct discussions regarding this disaster of a merger without being told how wrong we are by PMCO-types.

(At least that's what I wish it was for!)
^
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Can't the mods at least put a sticky to post NEW threads to the consolidated board??

Also can new threads be prevented while still allowing replies to old threads?
Good ideas!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Why does this forum exist?

To make FT members ask existential questions of course.

Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Good luck getting a response from anyone with any actual power. The mods have been totally unresponsive.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Good luck getting a response from anyone with any actual power. The mods have been totally unresponsive.
They may have their hands full with the Consolidated forum at this point - I've seen several times over the past two weeks where over 500 active users are up at one time - right at this time as I post this reply, FT shows 562.

Personally, I think that this forum should continue to exist and be open for updates to existing threads and allow pmUA members to post new threads to pose questions pertinent to pmUA fliers. I'm not convinced that discussions such as which stations still provide card stock boarding passes are of interest to the Consolidated forum nor would pmCO people care about M+ purge data prints.

I think that for the foreseeable future that this forum should continue given that there are topics of interest and relevance to the pmUA FT community.

David
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
This forum exists as a place for PMUA flyers to conduct discussions regarding this disaster of a merger without being told how wrong we are by PMCO-types.

(At least that's what I wish it was for!)
That was the answer that came to my mind!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by StingWest
MODS: One idea would be to simply move any threads that have had activity in the last couple weeks to the Consolidated thread, and delete any other threads in the sub forums? It's a whole new world out there - let's start fresh!
I disagree with deleting old threads with no recent traffic as there is still relevant information in there that can be searched. There are also several with comedic, historical and sentimental value (9/11 post, as an example) that I would not want to see disappear.

At the same time, I would have no issue with moving all of them over and closing down the sub forums.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA G
+1 on locking this forum and keeping new discussion on the consolidated forum.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
agree

Originally Posted by unavaca
+1 on locking this forum and keeping new discussion on the consolidated forum.
I agree, especially now with the merge of the computer systems. I hate having to check this forum and then the consolidated one. If there were just one, it would be simpler, I think.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Perhaps we should put this to a TalkBoard vote.

I agree with SFflyer123, by the way.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:04 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Unhappy This place exits for unhappy folks !

The issues on these pre-merger threads may outlast the merger, so no need to shut it down or stop Replies.
Wih all the whining here, I am more then Happy to stick with the PMCO! ^
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Strange that there is even discussion of locking this forum.... folks, the precedent has long been set. The PMDL and PMNW forums still exist. We're barely 3 weeks into this disaster; why would they shut this down already?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Strange that there is even discussion of locking this forum.... folks, the precedent has long been set. The PMDL and PMNW forums still exist. We're barely 3 weeks into this disaster; why would they shut this down already?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...forum-338.html
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:05 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Unhappy You are not completted to check each forum unless you are interested in the material.

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I agree, especially now with the merge of the computer systems. I hate having to check this forum and then the consolidated one. If there were just one, it would be simpler, I think.
So you still can review posts in a more organized way without mushing them together for a BIGG messy intermixed UN & CO Forum!
Personallly I prefer to read the CO threads ^ then the UN, which are all over the place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.