Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Which of these Fare Basis get full mileage credit?

Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (was UA PE for way too long)

I'm trying to book a flight that will get me into 100K for the first time, but I can't seem to figure out if these two fare basis are 100% frequent flyer mileage credit on United Airlines or not.

I have two flights on Swiss (fare code WRCGB) and Lufthansa (fare code MICSWIUK). Does that translate into W and M booking class? If so, woohoo! If not... Ugh!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wayan
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, those translate into W and M, respectively. And, as you've noted, both earn 100% credit. You'll even earn your 100% RDM elite bonus as a 1P on the Lufty flight.

Just make sure they are operated by the marketing carrier. If they are not then you run in to the potential for the codeshare mapping to be such that they do not earn, though they still might. It is just harder to figure out when codeshares are involved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.