Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone been on the UA ORD-IAD-ORD Route Recently in First/Business

Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold

Hello ,
Hope im posting this in the right section ,
I am due to travel on the ORD-IAD-ORD Route next week and managed to get First Class Upgrade on one flight , and the other flight business class ( 3 cabin Flight ) ( UA 994 ORD-IAD Dept. Time : 6:05 PM Arrival:8:53 757-200 ) And ( UA249 ORD-IAD Dept.: 5:31PM Arrival:6:37PM 767-300 ) This is my first time flying in First/Buisness and was wondering if anyone knew what amenities are offered on this flight,
Im also on a United Express Flight in First which is over 3 hours long and was wondering what I could expect on that flight. Thanks !
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Bigger seat, alcohol and a meal. It's not as amazing as it was in the old days. But it's nice not being stuffed in the "kids seats" they call economy these days.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
Hello ,
Hope im posting this in the right section ,
I am due to travel on the ORD-IAD-ORD Route next week and managed to get First Class Upgrade on one flight , and the other flight business class ( 3 cabin Flight ) ( UA 994 ORD-IAD Dept. Time : 6:05 PM Arrival:8:53 757-200 ) And ( UA249 ORD-IAD Dept.: 5:31PM Arrival:6:37PM 767-300 ) This is my first time flying in First/Buisness and was wondering if anyone knew what amenities are offered on this flight,
Im also on a United Express Flight in First which is over 3 hours long and was wondering what I could expect on that flight. Thanks !
The 757-200 will be wider seats but ensure you do not get row 1. That is a stuffy row. The 767-300 looks like you will get lie flat seats - the VOD is just awesome. Both will get you something to eat + warm cookies at the end + unlimited booze. The United Express flight will be slightly narrower seats and maybe a snack box (more preservatives than edible stuff) and unlimited booze.

BTW welcome to FT and enjoy your premier class travel!
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
The 757-200 will be wider seats but ensure you do not get row 1. That is a stuffy row. The 767-300 looks like you will get lie flat seats - the VOD is just awesome. Both will get you something to eat + warm cookies at the end + unlimited booze. The United Express flight will be slightly narrower seats and maybe a snack box (more preservatives than edible stuff) and unlimited booze.

BTW welcome to FT and enjoy your premier class travel!
Something to eat? It says on the united website "refreshments" I've heard the website is misleading with meal info is that true?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
Something to eat? It says on the united website "refreshments" I've heard the website is misleading with meal info is that true?
You are correct, since the route is only 589 miles, no meal service. Just alcohol and a bigger seat. Enjoy the newish C seat.

On the UX flight you might be offered a snack box, however, it's very hit or miss in F.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlx52
You are correct, since the route is only 589 miles, no meal service. Just alcohol and a bigger seat. Enjoy the newish C seat.

On the UX flight you might be offered a snack box, however, it's very hit or miss in F.
So it's only a beverage service , no snacks of any sort?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my ORD-BWI flights in the afternoons I've typically been getting a snack basket of those Popped Chips, Toblerone, Mini-Clifs, and fruit.

(These are the same baskets that were removed from mid-cons once Jeff came onboard and lied about taking the best of both airlines; not that I'm bitter or anything.)
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UNITED959
On my ORD-BWI flights in the afternoons I've typically been getting a snack basket of those Popped Chips, Toblerone, Mini-Clifs, and fruit.

(These are the same baskets that were removed from mid-cons once Jeff came onboard and lied about taking the best of both airlines; not that I'm bitter or anything.)
That's too bad , was really hoping for a meal , maybe next time ...

Edit: I've been reading that some people get meals , others get deli plates some chips , this is a very confusing route , anyone have anymore info on this ?

Last edited by Uaflyer710; Sep 12, 2011 at 11:06 pm Reason: Edit
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Guy, you'll barely be in the air an hour and half, even less coming back to Dulles. There's no time on short flights like that for a meal service. I don't fly the route that often these days, but I can't remember getting a plate of anything on that route in years.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mlx52

UX doesn't fly hub-hub. ORD-IAD-ORD will get the snack basket.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
I fly this route regularly.

Up until about a year ago you used to get a cheese plate and fruit and crackers with the upgrade, that has since been removed as the flight is so short.
In fact, when I hop the 763 from ORD-IAD, there isn't even a small bag of peanuts or trail mix or whatever anymore. Just drinks.

The 757-200, nothing special.

The 767-300 - with the bump up to biz class, it is the lie flat seating on the 3 class plane. With the flight being right around 85-90 minutes, if you can get on board right away when boardin starts and get in your seat you can normally get through a 1hr 50 minute movie.

Nothing more frustrating that sitting through the flight watching a movie and have to get off the plane with 15 minutes left in the movie!

Last edited by marinedjp; Sep 13, 2011 at 5:44 am Reason: corrected spelling
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I was on the A320 10 days ago and can confirm a snack basket for one to choose out of was presented. As another poster said: Popped Chips, Toblerone, Mini-Clifs, and fruit.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catocony
There's no time on short flights like that for a meal service.
Actually, there is plenty of time. Not too long ago (I'm thinking 2007-2008?) UA did serve full meals at meal times. Remember BusinessOne?

As for the short flight excuse, QF serves a full meal on SYD-BNE in Biz (that's about 4/5 the distance of ORD-IAD). LH even throws out a tray of food to C passengers on FRA-MUC!

It can be done, but this isn't the place to start yet another thread about FA unions...
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I fondly remember the cold chicken plate on US Air years ago, when you got that on flights from IAD and DCA up to BOS, down to CLT, etc. So yeah, they could do a very fast snack service - snack as being the hot sandwich with the bag of horrible Sun Chips, maybe even the soup.

But, in this day and age, if they can come up with an excuse not to, they will. Remember, flight attendants aren't there for attending to customers anymore, "their primary duty is for safety".

Why spend time and energy and a few bucks per passenger in F and C on food when you can do a quick beverage service and sit on your butt for an hour and do nothing except get paid?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
UX doesn't fly hub-hub.
If true for PMUA hubs (though since this is the PMUA forum, that's sufficient). For completeness, though, UX flies between PMUA and PMCO hubs regularly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.