Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to UA IRROPS Management

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Kudos to UA IRROPS Management

Recently had travel that started with UA 356 - SEA-DEN. Upon arrival at SEA, learned that flight was delayed over three hours (3:11 departure, estimated 6:15, ended up 6:45). Mechanical delays with plane coming out of ORD. Many missed connections on the horizon!

While the situation was less than ideal, UA dealt with it in a way that really minimized the aggravation:

- Had greeters as you walked up to UA counters - asked which flight you were on and advised Denver-bound passengers of situation. Were not able to give passenger-specific info, but did advise they were working on alternate arrangements for passengers.
- Your specific itinerary changes were available when you got to counter. Line moved a bit slow as people tried to sort thru options - unfortunately that time meant most stuck over night somewhere - but agents were professional and (dare I say) empathetic.
- Other carriers were an option - unfortunately limited availability so not many able to take advantage.
- Upon arrival in Denver flight was met with a team of agents. Each passenger received a packet with their ticket for the next day, voucher for hotel for the night, and coupon for breakfast the next morning. All pre-printed arranged alphabetically so no long wait in line.

Only negative was the shuttle to hotel in Denver - I waited about 10 minutes and then called hotel for an ETA - 35 minute estimate. Since it's Denver, figure 15 minutes to get to any hotel, kind of late for that sort of delay. I sprang for a cab and was glad I did - while checking in at hotel many calls coming in looking for shuttle - and driver still strolling around hotel saying something like "yeah, yeah, I'm leaving soon".

All in all, I would love to see this be the norm for handling IRROPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.