Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Standby Now?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Booked oneway LAX to EWR with booking class V and already got pre-upgraded to F (with reginal upgrade certificate), can I do same day standby LAX to JFK instead?
Officially, no. Neither Same-day change nor standby allow for change of airport (with "Multi-airport cities" like JFK/LGA being a possible corner case, but not EWR).

Once you're at the airport, or if there's any type of IRROPS, then anything is possible and it doesn't hurt to ask - but the odds of you succeeding are at best very low.

As an example, a few days ago I changed from PHL-IAH-SJC to PHL-SFO over the phone a few hours before flight. Technically that's not allowed, but my PHL-IAH was delayed and my connection was looking unlikely so they were happy to make the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.