Wiki Posts
Search

Can standard awards earn EQM/EQS?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Can standard awards earn EQM/EQS?

This seems like such a stupid question but I booked an award ticket that was half saver and half standard. The standard part showed as Y while the saver segment showed as XY. Has something changed?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Denvercccc
This seems like such a stupid question but I booked an award ticket that was half saver and half standard. The standard part showed as Y while the saver segment showed as XY. Has something changed?
Nope, award travel is not supposed to earn anything.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Nope, sorry.

You're correct that standard awards book into Y.

The UA reservations system seems to carry information about both booking code (e.g. Y or XY) and also method of payment / ticket price (cash or miles). If you're paying with miles, you don't earn RDM. (This might not be exactly how works -- it might flag a reservation as an award trip.)

I can't find the source now, but I thought I read somewhere that a long time ago, back in the day, standard intl C awards booked into "full C" and earned miles.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
No miles earned on award tickets. XY means a Saver award, Y means a standard award. Neither means you get EQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.