Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 492/435 SFO-STL-SFO cx today, why?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
UA 492/435 SFO-STL-SFO cx today, why?

Anyone know why the SFO-STL-SFO flights are canceled today, at least 2.5 hours before the scheduled departure time of the outbound?

(Please don't pad your postcount with uninformed speculation of obvious possibilities)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Well, the only information I can find is that United Cargo indicates "operations." This can mean that they are simply short on planes and need it more on a different route. I usually find they're fairly helpful if I call and ask.

If you're on this flight, you can reschedule through ORD or DEN, with many more options through the former. It'll add a good hour and a half to your travel time with that lovely walk from B or C to F at ORD. (Actually, it always ends up being a sprint for me.)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by astroflyer
Well, the only information I can find is that United Cargo indicates "operations." This can mean that they are simply short on planes and need it more on a different route. I usually find they're fairly helpful if I call and ask.

If you're on this flight, you can reschedule through ORD or DEN, with many more options through the former. It'll add a good hour and a half to your travel time with that lovely walk from B or C to F at ORD. (Actually, it always ends up being a sprint for me.)
Very few of the UA flights ORD-STL are now from F. Most go from B22 or C2 area. I was surprised and happy when I realized it too.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
A 319 was used to add an SFO-YVR flight today (UA 1777). This was after UA 795 canceled last night just before midnight.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:32 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Maint. (mech) (aircraft servicing) Just type the flight number into united.com and put yesterday's date in.

Departure
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Fri, Jun 10
Scheduled: 12:58 PM
Estimated: Cancelled
Reason: Aircraft Servicing
Gate: HOLD

Arrival
St Louis, MO (STL)
Fri, Jun 10
Scheduled: 6:49 PM
Estimated: Cancelled
Reason: Aircraft Servicing
Gate: HOLD
Baggage claim: --

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.