Search

UX to UA connection at SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 6:45 pm
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
UX to UA connection at SFO

I apologize if this has been discussed before. All I could find were treads on domestic to international or international to international connections. I have an itinerary coming up connecting at SFO (arriving on UX and leaving on mainline UA). Is 40 min enough for such connection? I think if the UX flight arrives on time, it will be more than enough. However, all bets are off if the UX flight runs late. So, for those that connect at SFO often, do you usually budget more connection time when arriving on UX? TIA.

LAX
Old May 29, 2011, 6:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The UX gates are in the middle of the regular UA gate (unlike ORD, IAD, ...) so there is no particular extra time needed because of the UX gate location.

The bigger concern is in bad weather operations UX flights tend to get delayed more than mainline flights.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
They are in the same terminal so connections are quick. The closest gates are 5 minutes away, the furthest 10 or so. Assuming your arriving flight isn't very late, you should be fine.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:13 am

I have a 35 minute BUR-SFO-LAX connection from UX-UA. Coming from a RJ to a 757. What are the chances my bags miconnest? Im actually really hoping my bags dont make it as I don't want to deal with them in Tokyo
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SirJman
I have a 35 minute BUR-SFO-LAX connection from UX-UA. Coming from a RJ to a 757. What are the chances my bags miconnest? Im actually really hoping my bags dont make it as I don't want to deal with them in Tokyo
Your bags should be fine. You as the traveler may be a different story. Flew BFL-SFO-JFK last month with a 35 minute connection in SFO. Typically it should've worked fine, but waiting for ground crew to set up ramp to deplane the EMB120 coupled with where the UX vs. UA gates are, I was that fool sprinting through the airport. Got to JFK flight gate and agents were paging me numerous times. My bag made the JFK flight no problem.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by SirJman
I get BUR-SFO-LAX for MR purposes. But checked bags???? And where does Tokyo fit into the equation?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by zrs70
I get BUR-SFO-LAX for MR purposes. But checked bags???? And where does Tokyo fit into the equation?
Sounds like SirJman found a nice creative routing BUR-SFO-LAX-NRT instead of simply doing LAX-NRT. ^
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA1K
pretty simple connection...unless you're a little delayed and have to run to intl terminal.

but yeah, you should be good.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
If you are on the 7am BUR-SFO flight, you'll be fine. The 9:30am flight, OTH, is probably one of the most delayed flight in the system. Any ATC problem in SFO and that's the first flight to be affected. If you can make the connecting flight, your bags probably will too.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Sounds like SirJman found a nice creative routing BUR-SFO-LAX-NRT instead of simply doing LAX-NRT. ^
SirJman found BUR-SFO-LAX-HNL-HND actually

Part of a 707$ ICN-KIX-SFO-LAX-LAS/BUR-SFO-LAX-HNL-HND trip. Departs on the 20th, so its a decent price for something booked this late I think.

Originally Posted by wilp888
If you are on the 7am BUR-SFO flight, you'll be fine. The 9:30am flight, OTH, is probably one of the most delayed flight in the system. Any ATC problem in SFO and that's the first flight to be affected. If you can make the connecting flight, your bags probably will too.
On the 9:40am arriving at 11:00, connecting to the 11:30 to LAX

Last edited by SirJman; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: US Airways Plat; Marriott Plat
What if you arrive on USAir into SFO and have to switch to United International. Does it require changing terminals and going through security again?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:24 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by vanduse1
What if you arrive on USAir into SFO and have to switch to United International. Does it require changing terminals and going through security again?
Yes, they are in different terminals and not connected gateside, unless the shuttle is still running.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...est-route.html

It would be best if you asked your question in the thread above or in the San Francisco Forum.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 9, 2011 at 2:10 pm
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by wilp888
The 9:30am flight, OTH, is probably one of the most delayed flight in the system. Any ATC problem in SFO and that's the first flight to be affected.
I know OTH (North Bend, Oregon) has one of the worst departure records in the country. I hope they didn't send you up our way. /jk
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Yes, they are in different terminals and not connected gateside, unless the shuttle is still running.
I'm going to guess the shuttle is gone. It was there to allow connections between UA and CO, but now that both are in the same terminal it's no longer needed.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: UA
Uh oh, 33 min connect at SFO

I just noticed that my August trip has 33-min connection at SFO

UA5360 -UA 746 (SAN-SFO-BWI)

Should I be panicked? Should I have a plan B in hand before travel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.