Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA 907 (ORD-SFO) -- any experience with paid upgrades on this route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2011, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL

Say, do any of you have experience with purchasing paid upgrades on the ORD-SFO leg of UA 907? I will be flying to SFO on 1 June 2011 and wonder if I would be better to buy a coach fare and then try to snag a paid upgrade to business either at time of purchase, or upon check-in, or at the gate. Any reports from the field about the availability of upgrades from coach to business on this leg, the timing of when upgrade offers are normally extended for this leg, and the cost of such upgrades on this leg are gratefully received.

.bomb shows that the cheapest coach fare is $164.70 (books into W) right now, while the cheapest business fare is $1445.70 (books into D), so I'm left to wonder if it's likely to be significantly less expensive just to buy the coach fare and hope that the upsell to business is only a few hundred dollars.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Old May 21, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
With 10 days left to go there is going to be a 0% chance of any paid upgrades to business on that route. Either you'll need to upgrade with an instrument, or buy a business fare.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
That is the kind of intel I am looking for. Thank you very much for both your reply and your advice, SEA1K4EVR! ^
Old May 22, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Lots of upgrade availability. . .

UA 907 0 ORD
06/01/11
5:00 PM SFO
06/01/11
7:49 PM 763

First - Standard Award F 4
First - Upgrade [NF] X 0
Business - Standard Award C 9
Business - Upgrade [NC] I 9
Old May 22, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
as long as there's NC, I've been offered UFC at the time of booking. not sure if it would still offer after booking and/or after I requested an upgrade.
Old May 22, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by djmp
Lots of upgrade availability. . .
Yep, so if you book online it should offer you the chance to purchase an upgrade even if you book Y/W. No real experience on internal flights as to whether this will yield significant savings, though. You will have the option to decline the upgrade purchase anyway, so it's easy to check this.

Book now, do not wait, do not bank on being able to do this at the airport. This flight is always full, and full of 1Ks, and come 100hrs before flight time UDU will make mince meat of that NC9

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.