Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combing CO and UA EQMs before 12/30/11

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Combing CO and UA EQMs before 12/30/11

I didn't see this specifically mentioned in any other post. Please forgive me if I missed it.

I know that the website says that EQMs from both programs will be combined for status next year. http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53656,00.html

But then there is this other page that says you can combine your elite activity to qualify for a higher level. https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP1101OP.jsp

It seems to me that both of these pages are offering conflicting information. I have some upcoming flights on CM and they are only partners with CO, not UA. So at the end of the summer I will have 35k EQM on MP and 16k on OP. What I am trying to figure out is if I that will give me 1P starting then or if I will have to wait until 1/1/12.

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You have the option. Combine your accounts now, or wait until 31 December and have it happen automatically. If you combine them, you will get your status as soon as the combined tally is 50K EQM.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:01 am

If someone is going to combine EQMs from both programs to achieve 1K next year, it might be better to wait for the automatic combining at the end of this year so that the earned SWUs will extend through 2012.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by JetAway
If someone is going to combine EQMs from both programs to achieve 1K next year, it might be better to wait for the automatic combining at the end of this year so that the earned SWUs will extend through 2012.
There are some benefits to combining earlier though, especially if you won't reach 100K until later in the year.

If you flew 75K or more last year you can get plat status on CO which is more likely to get you an upgrade on CO.

Also CO Plats get the 500 mile minimum (& 100% bonus) on US Air.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I believe M+ has said they are giving 1Ks the option to extend SWUs earned in 2011 until the end of 2012 if they call and ask.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by as219
I believe M+ has said they are giving 1Ks the option to extend SWUs earned in 2011 until the end of 2012 if they call and ask.

That would be good news as I have been concerned about re-qualifying in late October. Any way to nail this down? Where can this offer be found?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
That would be good news as I have been concerned about re-qualifying in late October. Any way to nail this down? Where can this offer be found?
See that most recent posts in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...fter-100k.html
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I still don't see anything directly from UA on this. Maybe I'm missing it somehow--all these merged posts and boards are making it really difficult to follow events and developments.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I still don't see anything directly from UA on this. Maybe I'm missing it somehow--all these merged posts and boards are making it really difficult to follow events and developments.
Sorry posted the wrong thread (I beleive the thread got split)
No announcement on the web site but a couple of responses from 1K agents of the option to delay SWU posting to end of the year
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16065198-post41.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16208676-post52.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.