Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experts: Show me the love!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
If you choose all UA metal, you can waitllist up to 2 flights per segment. All of my waitlisted flights in the past had cleared for my friends/relatives/self using my miles. It is well worth a try.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Fly first is also lounge perks so I would consider LH first class to and from FRA. Give yourselves planty of time to enjoy First Class Terminal at FRA. It's amazing.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Sounds like you're getting good suggestions already... I found your thread from a couple years ago so you can review that too: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ing-oldie.html
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by freshairborne
Now, contemplating my (YUK) all-nighter from the left coast to the right coast. Looks like mostly smooth, a few bumps over the Rockies, and maybe few little lumps around sun-up time. Sleep well....
Was I the only one who looked up YUK as an airport code?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
+1 for both using the ANA web tool and considering *A partners...especially with your CO miles. I'm about to embark on a trip to IST/ATH using TK (First, with private suites) over and LH thru Frankfort returning (also First) - for 135K miles and $115.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Great suggestions, everyone. Thank you all! I wish I knew what all the acronyms meant, though. I know the ones that start with K (airports) but that's about it. Time to get onto Google, I guess.

One of my unknowns was whether my miles will work on Star Alliance, and it sounds like the will so we will try to go DEN-FRA on Lufthansa as a first choice!

There should be a new thread in FT, I think, for airline employees. How's "FTer Q & A" sound?

FAB

Scratch that acronym thing! Just discovered the "Help" section. TYAVM (thank you all very much!)
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by FortFun
Just for reference, here's the old one:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ing-oldie.html
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Sounds like you're getting good suggestions already... I found your thread from a couple years ago so you can review that too: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ing-oldie.html
Hope you didn't spend too much time looking...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FortFun
Hope you didn't spend too much time looking...
No, I actually didn't spend any time looking. I knew you guys would do it for me Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by freshairborne
No, I actually didn't spend any time looking. I knew you guys would do it for me Thanks!
He was talking to me... I didn't notice he had already re-posted your old thread.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

He was talking to me... I didn't notice he had already re-posted your old thread.
Either way, thanks.

FAB
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Just teasin' though.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:45 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
However the Chase cc miles do have a 'extra" value as Choice Points -- they can be converted 1 mile = $0.01 (1 cent). While not a great value and many hope to get greater value in awards redemption, the added flexibility is an added benefit. A ticket purchased with Choice Points will earn EQMs & RDMs and is upgradeable -- but has cancellation fees.
This.

So, for example, if you can't find XC (saver business inventory) on your dates but you can find NC (upgrade business inventory), you can buy the ticket using Choices (redeeming the miles you earned on your chase credit card--miles earned by flying cannot be redeemes this way) at a rate of 1 cent per mile. Then you can use your remaining miles to upgrade (with a co-pay on the upgrade if you bought a discounted economy ticket...which is annoying. but it may still be better than flying in coach, if you can't find XC or XF space).
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mre5765
Was I the only one who looked up YUK as an airport code?
ROFL! Now if we'd been talking about Sioux City...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:06 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
ROFL! Now if we'd been talking about Sioux City...
Or Singapore.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:15 am
Original Poster

YUK is any airport that you take off from after your normal bedtime, any airport you overfly after midnight, and any airport you land at when you've been awake for 20 hours or more. If it's the latter of these and you're wearing your sunglasses, then it's DOUBLE-YUK.

Hope that helps as much for an explanation as a few hits of O2 do for a landing after one of these flights.

Another double YUK is when the more bid points you put towards "no ANF"(all night flying), the more you actually get. My April and May schedules, for instance, are double YUK.

When you look up "Circadian Desynchronosys" on Wiki, you'll see my picture this month. I wish that was as funny as i tried to make it sound

FAB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.