Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

4 April - UA497 (MSY-SFO) Makes Emergency Landing at MSY due to Smoke in Cockpit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 April - UA497 (MSY-SFO) Makes Emergency Landing at MSY due to Smoke in Cockpit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:49 pm

Aren't you supposed to leave ALL carry-ons behind in case of an evacuation?

Originally Posted by kenhawk
Here's a YouTube Video taken by a passenger/off-duty reporter of the moments after the evac...kind of interesting.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by malgudi
That was a rhetorical question, right?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by malgudi
That is the first thing I noticed after watching the video. Hopefully people did not pop the overheads to grab carry-on's!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
many ppl having laptop bags, and this one dude even got his rollaway with him!! how did he manage to bring that carry-on down that chute??
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by undersky
many ppl having laptop bags, and this one dude even got his rollaway with him!! how did he manage to bring that carry-on down that chute??
Throw it down (hitting someone ahead of him in the head or back), then jump after it.

Frankly, the authorities should have collected the evidence (bags) from all these passengers and prosecuted them for whatever they can, to set an example.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
What happened?

Anybody know if they have figured out what happened this day? It seems awfully scary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.