Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating on UNITED 777 - Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Seating on UNITED 777 - Newbie question

Does anyone know if seats 21HJ in Economy Plus have under-seat floor storage on the Boeing 777-222 (2-5-2 seating configuration)? I'm taking the international version of this plane from ORD-DEN. These are the first 2 seats in this section as rows 17-20 are labeled as a crew rest area and there is a curtain that divides them. I am unsure if seats 21HJ would be considered bulkhead with no storage or just regular seats. The United help desk in India could not give me an answer & said the only way to contact a human is to drive to an airport and ask (but the airport is a 1.5 hour drive from where I live).
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Welcome to FT, ksk7!

Here are some excellent resources; first you need to know which configuration airplane you will be flying on. Recently there have been frequent swaps from the old to the new configuration (I've got just that problem tomorrow - was new IAD-LHR but now unitedcargo.com is saying old ).

Everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-777q-new-international-cabin.html

Everything-you-wanted-know-where-sit-777-domestic-old-config.html
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by ksk7

Does anyone know if seats 21HJ in Economy Plus have under-seat floor storage on the Boeing 777-222 (2-5-2 seating configuration)?
Yes, it does have underseat storage on the old config 777. It is NOT bulkhead.

Dave
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Welcome to FlyerTalk ksk7 ^

Also note (as outlined in post one of the second thread cited above), that there are two different old-config 777 layouts, and only one of them (the XC/XI) has the funky row 21. On the XP it's a normal row.

If you do get the XC/XI config, then yes, you can store stuff under 19HJ (there's no row 20). The curtain will not be up for that flight. Keep in mind that it's a ways (you won't be able to reach it without undoing your seatbelt, etc.)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Smile Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Also... seatguru.com
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
If I remember, even if the curtain is closed around the crew rest area, it attaches to the back of 19HJ above the seat back pocket, so it wont block access to the pocket, or underseat storage.

Originally Posted by FortFun
Welcome to FlyerTalk ksk7 ^

Also note (as outlined in post one of the second thread cited above), that there are two different old-config 777 layouts, and only one of them (the XC/XI) has the funky row 21. On the XP it's a normal row.

If you do get the XC/XI config, then yes, you can store stuff under 19HJ (there's no row 20). The curtain will not be up for that flight. Keep in mind that it's a ways (you won't be able to reach it without undoing your seatbelt, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.