Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:04 pm

Is HNL-NRT permanently new config?

This route is very competitive
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:25 pm

I just flew on UA 890 and UA 876 from ICN to NRT to SEA. I fly this route monthly and noticed that it was going to be on a new 777 cabin configuration when checking in at ICN, but they switched it back to the old config just as we landed in NRT.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
UA908 DEN ORD Mar 9 is new IPTE cabin

I was booked in upgraded C DEN ORD, UA908 for Mar 9. I tried to do OLCI about 10 AM today but it would not let me. I got the error message
Flight not open for check in.
I called the 1K desk who checked with web support and neither could tell me why I could not check-in. While the 1K desk was still on the line I looked at unitedcargo.com and my flight was now a 77Q rather than B777.

A few minutes ago I tried OLCI again and it was successful.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Mar 8, 2011 at 5:07 pm
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: UK Million miler.
Do I have a seat assignment?

Flying UA 935 LHR-LAX Saturday with companion who has never flown UA. Original seat assignment 20H/J new configuration. Kept fingers crossed that aircraft would not be changed to old configuration because seats would be lost and seat plan was showing no window/isle pairs. Plenty of threes with middle seat free available - until early this week when aircraft was changed to old configuration and 18A/B automatically assigned. Content.

Then first thing today seat plan showed new configuration again but still assigned 18A/B? Tried to change seats to 20H/J but .bomb would not allow it.

This evening still the same picture but interestingly dummy booking economy does not bring up UA 935. Changed the dummy booking to business and economy is sold out but C,D,K and J are all 9's. Seat plan also showed new configuration. Until today seat plan showed plenty of Y availability.

In all my experience I have never encountered such dramatic changes and so I am unsure as to whether to check in online at the first opportunity tomorrow or wait until we get to LHR on Saturday morning. Any advice would be welcome.

However this may turn out to be the least of my problems because my final 1K earning flight into IAD last December resulted in a secondary immigration check because the official seemed distant to the concept of mileage running. If the same happens at LAX on Saturday I risk missing my collecting flight to HNL so my flying companion may be travelling on his own. Later flights appear fully booked.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines
Originally Posted by papatango
Flying UA 935 LHR-LAX Saturday with companion who has never flown UA. Original seat assignment 20H/J new configuration. Kept fingers crossed that aircraft would not be changed to old configuration because seats would be lost and seat plan was showing no window/isle pairs. Plenty of threes with middle seat free available - until early this week when aircraft was changed to old configuration and 18A/B automatically assigned. Content.

Then first thing today seat plan showed new configuration again but still assigned 18A/B? Tried to change seats to 20H/J but .bomb would not allow it.

This evening still the same picture but interestingly dummy booking economy does not bring up UA 935. Changed the dummy booking to business and economy is sold out but C,D,K and J are all 9's. Seat plan also showed new configuration. Until today seat plan showed plenty of Y availability.

In all my experience I have never encountered such dramatic changes and so I am unsure as to whether to check in online at the first opportunity tomorrow or wait until we get to LHR on Saturday morning. Any advice would be welcome.

However this may turn out to be the least of my problems because my final 1K earning flight into IAD last December resulted in a secondary immigration check because the official seemed distant to the concept of mileage running. If the same happens at LAX on Saturday I risk missing my collecting flight to HNL so my flying companion may be travelling on his own. Later flights appear fully booked.
Flight is now currently scheduled to be non-reconfigured Pacific 777. Hope it changes back for you
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm flying BRU-IAD-LAX on 951, a week later LAX-IAD (950) and then a week later IAD-BRU (950) in the beginning of july.
I remember 951/950 being a 767 in the summer. (fly every year on this flight )
It's currently planned to be a 777 but I can't view or change my seat assignment since a recent schedule change.
It says plane change on the 951 flight but then at the bottom it just states that there is a plane change from a 777 to a 777 at IAD.
I was wondering if anyone out here knows if these flights are still swapped to a 767 in the summer.

Thanks for the input!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: MVP
Flying SIN-NRT-SFO late july/august. Seatmap is now unavailable... sing of things to come? NRT-SFO is the 2nd flight, the non-747.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:40 pm

wasn't there a link for how many aircraft have completed the reconfig? I can't find the link...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by atcguy
wasn't there a link for how many aircraft have completed the reconfig? I can't find the link...

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...sions_%28UA%29
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Looking forward to my upcoming NRT-HNL flight on the new 777 (fingers crossed).

I'll likely be in Economy Plus and it seems like this is the best plane to be stuck in the back on.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by eticket99
Flying SIN-NRT-SFO late july/august. Seatmap is now unavailable... sing of things to come? NRT-SFO is the 2nd flight, the non-747.
Late July/August: UA 852 NRT-SFO: I am be on the same flight a couple of times.

Seat map shows old 777 all of August.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: American
777 UA 930, code share with NZ
SFO to LHR @ 8:00 PM 3/15/11

found 3 different seat maps on guru, united, etc and am hoping 21h in econplus is a good one...will let you know if it is not an ISLE - my checkin docs say it is
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Just discovered my LHR-LAX tomorrow 3/16 has switched to old config. So, wasting a SWU and good C seat gone.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Same thing just happened to my LHR-IAD on Saturday. I wonder if they're sending the new config ones to Japan (more seats - I notice that Y class availability suddenly has gone down to zero on my flight)?

Last edited by Passmethesickbag; Mar 15, 2011 at 7:34 am
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
A 77Q is doing the IAD-GRU-GIG run today. United Cargo had shown this for a week, .bomb finally updated their seat map this morning. I had decided to give up 17A and switched to 21H earlier since it was available. Stayed there, so looks like I made a good decision unless there is a last minute change of equipment. Only middle seats left in C, not sure if I'd even want an upgrade if offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.