Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DickieinDC
Anyone know the potential status for the new 77Q configuration for this aircraft? I am debating upgrading my seat. Any info is GREATLY appreciated!
I wouldn't hold your breath. FCO is way down the list to get the new configuration. You might get lucky with a random equipment swap.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
I wouldn't hold your breath. FCO is way down the list to get the new configuration. You might get lucky with a random equipment swap.
Is there any information on the priorities of each destination to get 77Q?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by eclips
Is there any information on the priorities of each destination to get 77Q?
Nothing publicly available.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Nothing publicly available.
That's what I thought ...

My nearest airport is KIX and it's so frustrating because they swap the new and old from time to time ... Last November they flew a 77Q from KIX to SFO. Now it's back to the old ones. I'll have to go to NRT to find one. I hope they will keep the 77Q for the NRT-IAD rout, since I'll be traveling this May.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: ua 1k, spg plt
Originally Posted by Cohall
My NRT-HNL flight on June 5 just switched to the new configuration. Slightly annoying as I had 17 AB selected for my wife on I on the old version. Now I have to figure out which is the least evil 3-across option.

Inventory of NC-5 dropped to NC-0 with the swap.
3/28 NRT-HNL UA 880. Just bought the ticket over the phone and agent informed me it was new config! Thought we'd be one of the last ones to get 'em!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 7:12 am

At the rate the swaps are going now, anyone have thoughts on IAD-BRU in late August? Flying in C with Mr. eerickso and wondering about hedging my bets on seats.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
It looks like HNL/LAX-NRT get the new configs as of 3/27.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:34 am

Any up-dates?

This thread got so very quiet!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:45 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by DickieinDC
This thread got so very quiet!
Ahem. Sorry for that.

About to book LAX>NRT, NRT>LAX in mid-May. Seats show NEW config!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I am booked LAX to NRT early April, seat map shows new config.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:32 am

Seating reassignments due to 77Q to B777 change

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, so I hope you can help me!

I'm scheduled on UA931 from LHR to SFO on March 4th, where the config, according to unitedcargo.com just changed from the new 77Q to the old B777.

While I'm still just flying economy on this, I wanted to make sure I've got an aisle seat. As the united reservation's seating still shows the new 3+3+3, I wonder, if the change to 2+5+2 actually happens, by which means do they change people around in the cabin? In economy, seats K disappears in the new and F appears in the old...

I've now changed mine to an H seat, which should be aisle in either config - but do you experts have any tips or ideas as to how United deals with this? Am I subject to have my seat reassigned without knowing?

I will of course keep checking up to the last minute - but I'm just wanting to be ahead of the game, you know?

Your input is very appreciated!

Thank you all,

Martin
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by m33as
Hi All,
Am I subject to have my seat reassigned without knowing?
Your input is very appreciated!

Thank you all,

Martin
Yes, you probably are. Its unlikely that seat assignments for the old config will open up before OLCI (they never have for me and I've been in this situation four times now - twice from new to old and twice from old to new).

OLCI will open up sometime between 24 hours before and about 8 hours before - its seems hard to predict just when (I presume it depends on which airport you're departing from and how many 777's are around).

This is a time for patience and an acceptance of fate:-)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've been hedging with the conundrum. I really prefer aisle seats on the center section because I like the possibility of no one climbing over me to get out. In the 2 or 3 section on the sides, I'm assured of 1-2 persons climbing over me.

So, I've been choosing G seats. I think I read in this or another thread that if your seat exists and translates over from one configuration to the other, it's likely to remain the same. It's only the ones that don't exist that get reassigned. Can someone verify this?

I'm taking a chance on 17G on a flight in a few months - I think that disappears as an economy seat in the new config because economy starts with row 20.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: MVP
Great.. LAX-NRT now has the new config later this month... but when I needed it nowhere to be found (February)... now flying SIN-NRT-SFO(2nd flight, not the 747)... wonder if my luck has changed by August......

Last edited by eticket99; Mar 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm Reason: wrong month
Old Mar 5, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I'm flying LAX-LHR today. For months (I booked this flight in December), it was the new config 777. I was able to grab an NF seat at booking.

A few days ago the seatmap changed to old config...then back to new config... then back to old. It looks like the old config bird is what we are getting tonight.

Happily, the upgrade "stuck", and I'm in F. I sleep as well in either new or old F seat. And my goal is to sleep; some Champers, an Ambien, and I'm down.

But if it had been the new config, at least I could have charged my electric toothbrush some more. Sigh...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.