Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Last Minute Swap LAX-IAD UA 31 - 1/29

Looks like tomorrow's LAX-IAD flight will be on a reconfig 777; was watching the seat map daily to get into 17K, and up till yesterday, it was the old config. This AM, @ 24 hr check in, the seat map changed to the new 777 economy config.

J shows 6 seats still available for sale... dunno where I'm at on the upgrade list. Wish UA would adopt CO's way of viewing the upgrade list on the web/mobile prior to the airport.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:22 pm

Almost none of the GRU flights list an aircraft type this week (no 777, no 77Q, nothing at all). Any ideas why?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Or in the case of travel to/from LHR in Y, you shouldn't get too depressed about having a 777Q, because you might score the much better old config, with soft seats, more lavs and paired seating.
And storage space. The new configuration has one very small closet at the front of C which appeared to be an F closet. In either event it isn't very wide and was crammed with carryons on my SFO-LHR flight on 1/26. The C passengers were told they needed to put their coats in the overheads.

The crew was great on the flight, but when I asked how they liked the new configuration it was purely a thumbs down. The 3/3/3 seating wasn't mentioned, but the removal of lavs in F and Y was, along with the storage issue. I don't believe UA did their homework very thoroughly when this conversion was done.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by snic
How so? Not enough space in C for paid pax + already confirmed upgrades, so they downgraded you?
well ODD because the plane should be a 747 that's what flys that route.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1P and miles scattered around a few other programs
Originally Posted by UA840
Almost none of the GRU flights list an aircraft type this week (no 777, no 77Q, nothing at all). Any ideas why?
unitedcargo shows almost all flights as B777. IAD-GRU on 1/31 and GRU-ORD on 2/1 have the 77Q.

Something is definitely about to change with GRU. The best sign that you can have is that UA860 became UA899 on Wednesdays during the holidays. Seems like their changing *something* about it.

Last time I went through GRU I got to chat briefly with the guy coordinating check-in (I don't know his official title, but he seems to coordinate that mess even though he's not a UA employee). He told me loads for the last 2 years were really high and that UA had been trying to get 77Qs down there when possible to alleviate the often-oversold Y.

He said UA has been considering either starting an extra flight to GRU or starting to fly 744s there (which I find unlikely) because he's been reporting daily to the same guys that changed the ORD-GRU flight to the 777 and that's what he's been hearing from them.

I've been seeing 77Qs not regularly at GRU, but quite often that I think the first change we'll see will be to have them doing those 2 flights regularly way before any other change happens. But all of that is just speculation, specially with the merger. The only thing you can rely on is that IAD-GRU on 1/31 and GRU-ORD on 2/1 have the 77Q. And even that is not 100% guaranteed...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by GRU the wanderer
Something is definitely about to change with GRU. The best sign that you can have is that UA860 became UA899 on Wednesdays during the holidays. Seems like their changing *something* about it.
I think this change in flight number only occurred on the day they started the non-stop to GIG. Something they also did last year, probably just to emphasize that there was a difference. When the non-stop to GIG operates, 861 ends at GRU and 860 begins at GRU.

I seem to keep missing the 77Q by a day and sometimes direction as I'm going GRU-IAD on 1/31 (just in time for the next darn snow storm. )
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
UA890 new 777?

Just checked my return (BKK-NRT-LAX-SFO 1/31)....and was surprised by a seat change to row 9 on the NRT-LAX segment....looks like I'm on the new 777 .
Hope it sticks.^
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I was surprises to see the new cabin yesterday when I got onto the NRT-SIN flight (UA 875). We had seat 1k and 2k. C cabin looked fairly tight with the 2-4-2 configuration. I walked back to Y and saw the 3-3-3 layout for the very first time.

F cabin loses the second lavatory....which created a long wait even with just 8 passengers.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jan 30, 2011 at 1:20 am
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Alaska 75K, Marriott Premier Plat
LAX-NRT

My LAX-NRT was on the new config 77Q on 1/23 (flight 891).
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Argh!!! Tomorrow's LHR-IAD (925) just changed 77Q->777. How depressing. Thought I was finally goig to get to try the new 777 configuration...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rerunree1
Just checked my return (BKK-NRT-LAX-SFO 1/31)....and was surprised by a seat change to row 9 on the NRT-LAX segment....looks like I'm on the new 777 .
I was pleased to see the same change. Confirmed with UA dispatch it's scheduled/expected.
I'm in row 9 and row 8, ticket is too messed up to get row 6 when it was available (airport checkin for me :/).
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
31 Jan 2011 NRT-LAX UA #890 is a newly configured 777. Got row 9 and inquired about my original row 13. Since I am not familiar with the new 777 seat chart, I asked if it was a front or rear facing seat. Changed to row 10, front facing. I also noticed from seat guru, some rows have front facing seats on the side and rear facing seats in the middle. Definitely need to print out the seat chart for future reference.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
I also noticed from seat guru, some rows have front facing seats on the side and rear facing seats in the middle.
All rows are like that. The 767 is the same way.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Just another data point - my booking for LAX-NRT and back in July went from a 747 when I made the booking, to the old style 777 and now to the 77Q. Obviously so far in the future and anything can happen, but I am happy to be back on a bird with lie flat seats again.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: MVP
Anyone know if Feb 3rd SIN-NRT-LAX will have a new 77Q? Does IM with hold upgrades etc just in case it switches last minute to 5 less seats in C, and thus I might be getting the 77Q SIN-NRT (NC0) but not on NRT-LAX (NC7)? I wouldn't mind spending $ + miles to get a lay flat, even if its only intra-asia seeing as the flight is still 6.5 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.