Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's 777s Getting Boeing Performance Improvement Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's 777s Getting Boeing Performance Improvement Package

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
But how long to add the Flux Capacitors?

Originally Posted by rkkwan
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aer...icle_02_1.html

Drooped aileron is software only - 3 hours.

Vortex generators - overnight.

Ram air - several days, so should be done with heavy maintenance.

Can be ordered and done all separately, with 60% of the benefits achieved with just the first two. Amazing that UA hasn't even done those two already.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thegrailer
But how long to add the Flux Capacitors?
depends on "Doc" Brown's availability.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by sbm12
My understanding is that the blended wing design of the 777 precludes then need for wing glitz to be installed.
The raked wingtip device is only on the 77L and 77W (and 764).

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I remember when Boeing first announced the 777 that it was being offered with two wing types, including an extra long wing that actually folded up a third the way down from the tip like older Navy fighters vs their AF counterparts. Never realized in the final versions of the 777 though. UA must have received some of the original variants as I recall flying them back in the early/mid 90s.
The folding wing option was available for years, and was mainly targeted at airlines suggesting they wanted them to fly into LGA. The problem is that it added too much weight to make sense economically.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
If I knew how to use Photoshop, I would so chop a plane that's lowered, has a couple spoilers, body kit, and exhaust tips coming out of the engines. Maybe also neons and chrome rims for good measure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.