Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage Plus Shopping Toolbar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hmmm...well, this is kind of weird. I actually saw it on the general page too first, made a mental note to come back and do it later, looked up this page and found the thread when it was just 1 post or so, and downloaded for Mrs FTF first. At the time it didn't say the bonus but since I'm blowing town I figured I needed to do it.

Later I saw Portolan's post with the specific link, followed it, saw the bonus offer only when I logged in, and downloaded for my computer and account. Makes me wonder if Mrs. FTF will be out of luck on the bonus. (Note: I saw it too, even though I did not receive an e-mail.)

So this AM I used the link on Mrs FTF's computer, with the toolbar already on it, and once I signed her in I still saw the offer for her too. Of course, that's 2 days after I downloaded it for her. So who knows what will happen?

FTF

Originally Posted by Jack Burton
Ok, I can now confirm the 250 mile bonus offer as well. Screen shot included for those that want/need proof. The offer was clearly noted at the top of the page, but ONLY when I logged back in.

The bonus offer was definitely NOT displayed when I signed up yesterday. Maybe I caught them in the middle of their update,...seeing the "NEW Toolbar" on the updated main page, but signed up before the toolbar page was updated with the bonus info. Since emails are being sent out today, it would seem to make sense. Funny though, I did not receive the email myself, so not quite sure how or why this offer would be targeted,...very odd.

Anyhow,...Thanks guys. Further proof that FT works best when we all work together.

JB
Couldn't agree more on that sentiment. ^

OK Jack, this is a dumb question, but how did you make that copy? I tried pdf and it didn't work, and I tried Windows XPS Document Writer with no success too. But you've got the picture I tried to get.

(sheepish FTF is better at gaining miles then computer know-how, I guess)

FTF

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 21, 2011 at 8:12 am Reason: merge/image
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Couldn't agree more on that sentiment. ^

OK Jack, this is a dumb question, but how did you make that copy? I tried pdf and it didn't work, and I tried Windows XPS Document Writer with no success too. But you've got the picture I tried to get.

(sheepish FTF is better at gaining miles then computer know-how, I guess)

FTF

FTF,...since you are on a Windows box, when you can't print directly, either to paper or PDF,...try capturing using the Print Screen key on your keyboard,..."PrntScr".

I'll attach a Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen

Hope this helps.

JB
Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:59 pm

Here's a signup bonus:

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/not...s.php?art=1530
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United 1K, Emerald Club Elite Exec
So I'm using the tool bar and just made a purchase threw GNC last week 6.5 miles per dollar spent plus pretty decent deal on my protien and few other things I needed to restock (better than my gold card savings). I'm wondering since using the bar I did not go threw MP Shopping website but the purchase is not showing up in my history. About how long should it take to show up I know the miles take a while but I was under the impression that the purchase would show up pretty quickly on the portal side
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Originally Posted by danpeake
link is dead right now....
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Firefox 4 incompatability

Just for info, I was using this with Firefox 3.5 last week with no issues. I downloaded the new Firefox v4 and the toolbar is now incompatable and does not work.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, UA member
Unhappy United toolbar here yesterday and gone today

Something is funky with my toolbar. Yesterday there was a counter on the number of searches made and accumulated miles. It was shown next to the green earning dollar sign but today the counter is missing. I can't earn miles on retailers participating with the toolbar. I was doing general searches the week before and earning miles but not now. My toolbar is broken. I use Foxfire 3.6.16
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
Originally Posted by sailorshenshi
Something is funky with my toolbar. Yesterday there was a counter on the number of searches made and accumulated miles. It was shown next to the green earning dollar sign but today the counter is missing. I can't earn miles on retailers participating with the toolbar. I was doing general searches the week before and earning miles but not now. My toolbar is broken. I use Foxfire 3.6.16
same thing happened to me
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by salty749
And for me as well
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
toolbar

Go to My account on the toolbar and login, then the counter comes back.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Pendragon
Go to My account on the toolbar and login, then the counter comes back.
That was a quick fix. Thanks ^
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, UA member
Not a permanent situation

The toolbar counter came back 6 hours later and works as it did before. Sorry everybody, the toolbar must have been updating during that time. I am becoming very fierce about my previously earned toolbar miles. I thought I lost all my hard work for the past 3 days and the ability to produce more.

Tensions are very high in my home since space shuttle Endeavor's launch was postponed to April 29. What a waste of airline miles to go to Florida 10 days before life-off.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Jack Burton
FTF,...since you are on a Windows box, when you can't print directly, either to paper or PDF,...try capturing using the Print Screen key on your keyboard,..."PrntScr".

I'll attach a Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen

Hope this helps.

JB
Thanks, Jack.^ I have been traveling and haven't gotten around to messing around with this but want to thank you for the help, which I'll test drive soon.

FTF
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by salty749
Having lived with the US Air and AAdvantage versions of this program for a while, I can tell you from experience that they are unpredictable and not very reliable. A lot of times you can fix them by logging back in - another thing to try that often works is to just close all your browser windows and restart the browser.

But other times they go away for a while, although they often keep counting even when you can't see it.

When I get frustrated with one or it won't credit searches I just switch to one of the other airline's toolbars, and usually that one will work. No rhyme or reason! But I've gotten my 100 miles per program every month.

FTF
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Thanks, Jack.^ I have been traveling and haven't gotten around to messing around with this but want to thank you for the help, which I'll test drive soon.

FTF

You are welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.