Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

When do CR-1s Post? [Merged] (2011 Edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do CR-1s Post? [Merged] (2011 Edition)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
Sweet, got my Q2 CR-1's today even though I only passed 10k about a week ago.
For both quarters this year I flew 10K in the first week of the month and was rewarded with the quarterly CR1 distribution in that same month.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Gold
How long does it take for the 75K CR1s to post?

p.s. Also are all of you posting CR1s for 10K/Q BIS miles using MP as your primary account? Cuz I have about 20K BIS miles in my OnePass acct in Q2 already and haven't seen any CR1s (I matched to UA 1K when the tool was announced)
Old May 26, 2011, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tomcatm
are all of you posting CR1s for 10K/Q BIS miles using MP as your primary account?
You have to credit to MP to get those CR-1s, and you have to have been a 1K last year.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
CO BIS counting towards 10K/quarter UA CR-1s - definitive answer?

I read through this and the other CR-1 earning thread - still can't conclusively tell if CO miles are counting towards the 10K/quarter for those of us grandfathered in. Does anyone have specific evidence for or against this?

Thanks.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I read through this and the other CR-1 earning thread - still can't conclusively tell if CO miles are counting towards the 10K/quarter for those of us grandfathered in. Does anyone have specific evidence for or against this?

Thanks.
there have been specific postings in both threads of people having had earning on CO count to 10K BIS / quarter.

Additionally UA Insider has confirmed it

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 26, 2011 at 3:14 pm Reason: typo
Old May 26, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
there have been specific postings in both threads of people having had earning on CO count to 10K BIS / quarter.

Additionally UA Insider has conformed it
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I try to fly on UA almost exclusively. Next year, depends on the merged program, it may be a different paradigm.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tomcatm
How long does it take for the 75K CR1s to post?
They posted immediately once my match to 75k was done from combo eqm on CO and UA. They actually posted a couple of days before I was matched to plat on CO.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Crossed the mark on 5/8... still none.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
A way to delay CR1's

I'm actually hoping they get delayed a bit longer (June '12 expiry would be great) - just earned 75K EQM regionals, and will have 6 unneeded (for now) SWUs forced on me in a week
This is what I have done in past years to make sure that CR1's would post in the latest month possible. It only works without risk of losing an upgrade when you are already confirmed in First for all of your flight segments. Just go to a RCC or Customer Service counter before your first flight and have them remove your MP number from the reservation. The excuse I would use was that I was thinking about crediting the miles to a partner airline. If they asked for the FF number I said I couldn't remember it and would add it later or send in the boarding passes for credit. It worked great for a couple of years until some of the promotions like DEQM started requiring your MP number to be in the reservation from the start. When I wanted the miles to post that would trigger the CR1"s to post I just called MP and said that the miles didn't post for one or more of my latest trips. It is harder to do this now that upgrades are not clearing early like they used to. My Q2 CR1's posted on the 23rd. The flight that put me over 10K for the quarter was on the 18th. Of course I was hoping for the 2nd Saturday in June posting but there seems to be no set time for CR1's to post any more.
Jim

Last edited by EUG1K; May 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm Reason: Forgot to add when my Q2 CR1's posted
Old May 26, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
On the 16th I received 2 CR1s for crossing the mark on 5/10. Was there a delay in your mileage credit?
Old May 26, 2011, 5:42 pm

Just heard back from 1KVoice... here's the reason why.

UA/CO BIS count toward the 75k, 100k, 125k (etc) marks.

Only UA BIS count toward the 10k per quarter CR-1s.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This says they are running both the old and new CR1 programs separately and concurrently. Interesting.

Edit: If only they decide to do the same with with the Million Miler program.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

OK, so we've gone from people saying CO miles count towards the 10K/quarter AND UA Insider "confirming" it...to now 1KVoice says it's only UA metal.

REALLY wish we could get a definitive answer...
Old May 26, 2011, 7:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
This says they are running both the old and new CR1 programs separately and concurrently. ...
That has been know for a long time --
1K members: During 2011, if you are a 1K member based on 2010 activity, you will still be eligible to earn two Regional Upgrades per quarter as you did before. In addition, under the new program changes announced on Nov. 17, you will also receive two more Regional Upgrades when you reach 75,000 EQM/90 EQS and two at every 25,000 EQM/30EQS after that. The quarterly earning process will end on December 31, 2011, and then the new rules will be in effect for 2012.
....Only UA BIS count toward the 10k per quarter CR-1s.
that disagrees with this
Originally Posted by UA Insider
.... Yes, if you earned your 1K status based on mileage activity in 2010, then travel on Continental this year will be counted toward your subsequent 10,000 mile threshold for CR-1s.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
OK, so we've gone from people saying CO miles count towards the 10K/quarter AND UA Insider "confirming" it...to now 1KVoice says it's only UA metal.

I think we have a mistaken agent (not the first time an 1KVoice message has been mistaken) ... since multiple people have reported receiving CR1 of both kinds based on both UA & CO activity
...UA/CO BIS count toward the 75k, 100k, 125k (etc) marks.....
May just be a typo, but it is EQMs and not BIS for these and the EQMS can be from any source -- also suggesting the agent was uninformed.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 26, 2011 at 7:12 pm Reason: self merge
Old May 26, 2011, 9:45 pm

The answer I received from the agent jives with my experience.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That has been know for a long time --
that disagrees with this

I think we have a mistaken agent (not the first time an 1KVoice message has been mistaken) ... since multiple people have reported receiving CR1 of both kinds based on both UA & CO activity

May just be a typo, but it is EQMs and not BIS for these and the EQMS can be from any source -- also suggesting the agent was uninformed.
My experience shows that the agent was correct and UA Insider was incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.