Wiki Posts
Search

Has 1K voice been outsourced?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K
Has 1K voice been outsourced?

I have written the 1K Voice several times recently--twice complimenting crews and twice with problems. On the problems, I get responses that either are: (1) outright fabrications (we don't send e-mail updates on upgrades) or (2) simple restatements of my issue. On the former, I did get an apology after I replied, but then I was told it was my fault that I wasn't receiving e-mails and there was nothing more UA could do. On the latter, I wrote the 1K desk about a problem with my SWU balance and they simply restated my query without answering it.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by euslaner
I have written the 1K Voice several times recently--twice complimenting crews and twice with problems. On the problems, I get responses that either are: (1) outright fabrications (we don't send e-mail updates on upgrades) or (2) simple restatements of my issue. On the former, I did get an apology after I replied, but then I was told it was my fault that I wasn't receiving e-mails and there was nothing more UA could do. On the latter, I wrote the 1K desk about a problem with my SWU balance and they simply restated my query without answering it.
"We are very sorry you are having problems with your SWU balance. I hope this has answered any questions you have. Thank you for flying United. Your business is very important to us..."
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA MP
I've never received an email when upgraded, is there a setting on the site you can turn on? Having to check the site is a bit tedious.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
On the problems, I get responses that either are: (1) outright fabrications (we don't send e-mail updates on upgrades) or (2) simple restatements of my issue.
This is nothing new. I gave up on 1KVoice long ago.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by pjhyett
I've never received an email when upgraded, is there a setting on the site you can turn on? Having to check the site is a bit tedious.
It is an option when you sign up for "Easy Updates". You can be emailed, called, etc for several different activities. Flight delays, flight cancels, and upgrades are the ones that I recall from memory.

That being said, it is not at all reliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

There is a thread about "Easy Update being on vacation"....something like that, if you wish to read the gory details.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I too have noticed that 1K Voice has gone downhill very recently.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This is nothing new. I gave up on 1KVoice long ago.
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I too have noticed that 1K Voice has gone downhill very recently.
+1

I've found it easier to call the 1K Desk and ask to be transferred to Customer Relations, vs. waiting five days for an email which does not address my issue.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've found it easier to call the 1K Desk and ask to be transferred to Customer Relations, vs. waiting five days for an email which does not address my issue.
I didn't realize 1Ks (or any elites) could still do that. Customer Relations is only publicized to be accessible via e-mail, web form, or snail mail. Are the phone lines open just to GS/1K? If so, that's a major, unpublished benefit IMHO. Yes, I realize we're in a sad era when being able to attain redress by phone with a corporation is a mere privilege.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I didn't realize 1Ks (or any elites) could still do that. Customer Relations is only publicized to be accessible via e-mail, web form, or snail mail. Are the phone lines open just to GS/1K? If so, that's a major, unpublished benefit IMHO.
It's been a few months since I called, but the agent I spoke to was happy to transfer me.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Unhappy What about Premier Executive Voice? Does it still exist?

At the request of United customer relations I sent them an e-mail over a week ago about their e-mail communications regarding various promotions. For some reason, I get e-mails for various promotions, register for them (and receive a confirmation). However, the promotions never show up in "my promotions" folder. Two weeks ago, my sister and I flew to Santa Barbara on a promotion for double EQM's for which we both registered. Neither of us received credit. When she called, she was told that the fare she purchased did not qualify even though she had been assured it did when she called to have the promotion code manually entered as she had a UA credit promotion code to enter when she made the reservation. Customer Relations indicated that they would give her a $150 travel credit in lieu of the double EQM's.
When I called, the very same lady started screaming at me and said I was not "targeted" for the promotion. When I mentioned that I had received a confirmation of my registration and that as a matter of fact I had several other promotions where I registered in response to e-mails but where the promotion didn't show up in "my promotions", she indicated again I was targeted for none of them. I explained I was sitting here looking at my e-mails from United inviting me to participate. She had the nerve to tell me there was some mistake....that "her records" were showing that I was not targeted. She was not at all interested in me sending her the e-mails I received to figure out what the problem was. She merely gave me the Premier Executive Voice e-mail. I have yet to receive the courtesy of a response. This is really very, very poor customer service.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 25, 2011 at 6:58 am Reason: per policy
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORD Punk
"We are very sorry you are having problems with your SWU balance. I hope this has answered any questions you have. Thank you for flying United. Your business is very important to us..."
Did you hack my e-mail?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by janicerobertson
Unhappy What about Premier Executive Voice? Does it still exist?
It exists and is every bit as useful as 1KVoice.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except in both cases I wrote 1K Voice after I called the 1K Desk and got nowhere. Would Customer Relations be better?
Give it a shot. As I mentioned, I have not talked to them since September, so I do not know if they changed any procedures with allowing 1Ks to be transferred to Customer Relations.

When I was transferred, I got a very friendly agent that not only addressed my concerns, but sent me a $350 e-cert.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It's been a few months since I called, but the agent I spoke to was happy to transfer me.
Wait, what option do you specify after calling to talk to Customer Relations? I always press 2 to go to reservations to do anything.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unavaca
Wait, what option do you specify after calling to talk to Customer Relations? I always press 2 to go to reservations to do anything.
I still go to reservations, but ask for customer relations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.