Search

LifeShield Security - 25,000 bonus pts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:36 am
Original Poster

LifeShield Security - 25,000 bonus pts

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.lifeshield.com/mpppp

It says in the fine print that miles will post 40 days after signing up as long as you don't cancel. So shouldn't you be able to cancel 50 days after signing up and still get the miles? Then you turn around and sell the kit on eBay?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:05 am

So if I read it correctly, you pay $99 for the kit, then 1-month of monitoring for $29.99, then cancel. Total cost $129.99 w/free ship for 25,000 miles.

Now, how to best use this system for my small 350 square foot apartment in the city...lol
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mikensf74
So if I read it correctly, you pay $99 for the kit, then 1-month of monitoring for $29.99, then cancel. Total cost $129.99 w/free ship for 25,000 miles.

Now, how to best use this system for my small 350 square foot apartment in the city...lol
To get to 40 days you'd need two months, so $99.99 plus 2*$29.99 for a total of $159.97 and 25,200 miles (100 miles per month subscribed as well), giving 0.6c per mile.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:19 am
Original Poster

It seems like a decent deal and for $160 I'd be willing to take the risk. I'm not sure if anyone has done it and it would be nice to confirm that miles aren't stripped from you if you cancel after 40 days.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I hadn't seen this, thanks for posting! Hmmm may be worth considering...

The "fine print" on the website regarding cancelation reads:

The 25,000 United Mileage Plus Award Miles are awarded 40 days post purchase as long as Customer does not cancel or return their kit order within the 30 day money back guarantee period. Mileage will not be awarded for cancelled or returned orders. The 100 monthly United Mileage Plus Award Miles are awarded for each month that Customer is an active paying subscriber of LifeShield professional monitoring services. Mileage Plus awards may take 4-6 weeks after award date to reflect in your United Mileage account.
I'd read the bolded text as saying that after 41 days one could cancel and be good to go (assuming the miles post by then). The next sentence is more broad but in context with the prior text hopefully wouldn't mean forfeiting the miles if you cancel after the 40 days.

However, given the last sentence...may have to wait longer as I'd sure want to actually see the posting in my MP account before canceling.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Price: $99.00
List Price: $299.99
You Save: $299.99

Hmm... Anyone see a problem there?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
sounds interesting , did this just start?

I do not remember it when I looked at Milage Plus-earn miles last week

Rally

found this
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AClsH1K...=detailed_info

tells about the kit and what you get, does not sound bad....

Last edited by rally; Feb 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Originally Posted by dovergator
It seems like a decent deal and for $160 I'd be willing to take the risk. I'm not sure if anyone has done it and it would be nice to confirm that miles aren't stripped from you if you cancel after 40 days.

at least you end up with something you can sell later for $50-$100 if you never hook it up

Rally
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Anyone tried this yet? How long do the miles take to post? It says 4-6 weeks after the 40 day post-purchase period, but does it really take that long?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: BD *G, DL PM, HH Gold
First off thanks very much dovergator for posting, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

To add my experience, I ordered online yesterday and called today to find out more info. Spoke with a (surprisingly) helpful and competent-seeming CSR.

-As soon as the 30-day trial period ends (ie the 31st day), a CSR from Lifeshield will call to get your MP number. Apparently the miles will be submitted to United immediately (I don't think it will take 4-6 weeks, but I will update when/if my miles ever post)

-Lifeshield seems like a really small company which may not be able to deal with the volume of....FT'ers. We'll see...

-The total cost will seem to be $128.99 assuming we cancel between day 40 and 59.

-It looks like it will be necessary to install/open the system, as it's not possible to complete the online registration process without the unique system ID activation. And I believe it will be necessary to complete the online registration process in order to start the free trial. I'm not sure about transferability of the system once it's been activated so I'm not counting on eBay being a viable option. Hopefully I'm wrong with all this, but again will post back when I find out...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:28 pm

I'm game. Will prob order tomorrow . . .

Hey - it's either this offer, or a 600 dollar mileage run for the same amount of miles (yes, I'm sacrificing 12,500 EQM, but, hey . . . this ain't a bad deal).
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:31 pm

has anyone purchased the system, and not opened it, and still received the miles?

thanks all
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lp72
has anyone purchased the system, and not opened it, and still received the miles?
Since the deal only started on 12 Feb, and it requires 40 days to get the miles, I somehow doubt it.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:09 pm

Non-Contract Offer Ends 11.59pm Eastern Time TONIGHT!

I blogged about the full details, but in case you don't want to read my written drivel in blog form, it seems that LifeShield has changed the original terms of the deal, as displayed by their website. The new agreement requires some horrendous contract and a larger investment . . . but . . . I gave Life Shield a call, and the rep told me that the new deal has been prematurely launched on their site. The new deal terms go active tomorrow (Monday), and that the old (read: good) deal of 25K miles for $158.99 investment will be active until 11.59pm, Eastern Time, tonight (March 6).

Call 877.574.8731 to sign up.

In my blog post, I wrote about some of the intricacies of the terms that I discussed with the rep. The MP miles will be automatically credited to your account (it seems an above post said to expect a call for your MP number). The 40 days, as well, begins from date of purchase, and not from date of actual system activation (so, perhaps you don't even need to activate the system?)
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Just signed up. The rep said deal expires in few minutes. They have huge number of calls.

And BTW, thank you very much Pam!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.