Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Change to *A Award routing rules (Effective 11 FEB 2011)

Change to *A Award routing rules (Effective 11 FEB 2011)

Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
how to find MPM between city pairs? i tried expert flyer, some city pairs dont have any published fare. does it mean that it cant be redeemed?

example, LXA [Lhasa] to ROR [Palau]?

at CO, basically, i can route myself anyway i want, so it has be great. now, i have to concern about the merger and how it changes the routing rule.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Seems to be great news ^

I think redemption increases are right around the corner though!
Sadly, I think you are absolutely right. UA never gives with one hand without taking away with the other. Increases will surely come. The only possible consolation would be ending *Net blocking, but that's just me being a dreamer...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by pbd456
at CO, basically, i can route myself anyway i want,
Wow, SFO-LAX via SYD and/or AKL? That's pretty good.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:37 pm

not that crazy.. but i can do 10 segments for 20000 miles.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
First time trying to put together a UAL award and I'm struggling with the rules.

Looking for a 60k award between Europe and Central Asia. Could I do the following?
BCN-CDG (stopover)-FRA (transit)- ASB
TSE-FRA (transit)-BCN

I must connect in FRA to get to Ashgabat but would rather not use that as my stopover.

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:12 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by pbd456
how to find MPM between city pairs? i tried expert flyer, some city pairs dont have any published fare. does it mean that it cant be redeemed?

example, LXA [Lhasa] to ROR [Palau]?
You can check MPM via the KVS Tool, without there being a published fare. However, there is also no MPM for this route:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.9/Diamond - Reference: Maximum Permitted Mileage [MPM]: LXA-ROR]
Code:

GI       M      5M     10M     15M     20M     25M     
            ** MPM NOT AVAILABLE **
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Ok, so it is very unclear to me from the OP or UA's web site that both open jaw and stopover area allowed on the same itinerary. UA's site does not say OR or AND - so this is all open to interpretation. Can someone definitively confirm whether that change has been made?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by compwhiz
Ok, so it is very unclear to me from the OP or UA's web site that both open jaw and stopover area allowed on the same itinerary. UA's site does not say OR or AND - so this is all open to interpretation. Can someone definitively confirm whether that change has been made?
Seems pretty clear to me.

Stopovers will be allowed on Round Trip or Open Jaw itineraries between two award regions.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Antipode
Seems pretty clear to me.
That's not the official lingo, and UA's site is also a bit unclear without saying and/or. I certainly would like to believe OP, but am looking for some more official confirmation.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by compwhiz
That's not the official lingo, and UA's site is also a bit unclear without saying and/or. I certainly would like to believe OP, but am looking for some more official confirmation.
OP works in reservations. Good enough for me.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Antipode
OP works in reservations. Good enough for me.
If that's the case....I'm golden. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Nice new perks but I will be interested in the upcoming increase to redemption rates.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
Nice new perks but I will be interested in the upcoming increase to redemption rates.
Yup, and hope I have enough time to pad my miles before the increase is announced.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:25 pm

Is there still the requirement that stopovers must be on a direct routing?

Under the old rules this was a bit of moot point since indirect routings would usually result in the itinerary exceeding the MPM.

But now that the MPM rule has been relaxed, can I (for example), on the way back from DEL to JFK, stop over in CPH as follows:

DEL - VIE - CPH on OS
Stopover in CPH
CPH - FRA - JFK on LH

By the way USAirways tries to prevent this kind of routing with the "stopover must be in operating carrier's hub" rule, though the rule is not consistently enforced.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by KVS
You can check MPM via the KVS Tool, without there being a published fare. However, there is also no MPM for this route:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.9/Diamond - Reference: Maximum Permitted Mileage [MPM]: LXA-ROR]
Code:

GI       M      5M     10M     15M     20M     25M     
            ** MPM NOT AVAILABLE **
Thanks. so. how would UA handle it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.