Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why Doesn't C Get Big Wine Glasses Now That Domestic F Does?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Doesn't C Get Big Wine Glasses Now That Domestic F Does?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Angry Why Doesn't C Get Big Wine Glasses Now That Domestic F Does?

Title says it all. I love the big wine glass. It's one of the greatest treats in international F, and now it's come to domestic F!!!^^^

But it was not added to C (domestic or international), and this makes me sad. Obviously, I'm only in a premium cabin on an upgrade, and that means C.

Anyone know why?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
To differentiate the C and F products?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
With United's wine selection, less is more.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I take the view of "the more you drink the better it tastes"..
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
C does on domestic flights, however international flights have the smaller ones. This is in-line with the regular glasses as well. Domestic F and C feature the same glassware, where international C has the smaller drink/cocktail glasses.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Both directionally correct answers.

We did have them in Domestic C (DEN-IAD) today, FWIW. The wine (a Petite Syrah of some sort) was typically lame, but the glass was nice.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:13 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I've often thought about getting some good wine or other beverage, splitting it up among several tiny toiletry bottles (new ones, of course) in my carry on, and then putting it back together in a cup when on the plane. Just think, with a little bottle of vermouth, you could actually have a martini. A little Grand Marnier to make the margarita extra special. Or for those who like wine, something better than what you'd find at the local Trader Joe's.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by felinaar
I've often thought about getting some good wine or other beverage, splitting it up among several tiny toiletry bottles (new ones, of course) in my carry on, and then putting it back together in a cup when on the plane. Just think, with a little bottle of vermouth, you could actually have a martini. A little Grand Marnier to make the margarita extra special. Or for those who like wine, something better than what you'd find at the local Trader Joe's.
I suppose the liquid bomb terrorists could do the same thing!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Sounds like college days. Drink the Stroh's until you couldn't taste any more, then switch to Red, White, and Blue ($3/case).
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlx52
C does on domestic flights, however international flights have the smaller ones. This is in-line with the regular glasses as well. Domestic F and C feature the same glassware, where international C has the smaller drink/cocktail glasses.
Ah yes, that's right. So this makes even less sense. Regular domestic C, which is essentially full of upgraders, gets the big glasses. Intl C and ps, which get meaningful paid traffic, get the small ones. Weird.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
No matter whether D or I, C or F, I ask for wine in a tumbler. I'm a klutz.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by mlx52
Not true for p.s. flights - only the smaller glasses for C. Occasionally they don't cater the smaller glasses for the morning flights, so the FA had to steal from F.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:52 pm

The only explaination for this is because of storage issue. Int'l flights need a lot more supplies than domestic flights. Even the water glasses for int'l C is smaller than domestic C.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Just be glad it isn't plasticware...or paper.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by BeefJerky
Title says it all. I love the big wine glass. It's one of the greatest treats in international F, and now it's come to domestic F!!!^^^

But it was not added to C (domestic or international), and this makes me sad. Obviously, I'm only in a premium cabin on an upgrade, and that means C.

Anyone know why?
Short answer: :UA:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.