Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UDU for companion not working - online checkin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum

Hi All,

I was under the impression that if two tickets were booked as the same itinerary, UDU would be processed with the 1K who bought the tickets. I had experienced this a few times in 2010. I just checked in for my SFO-ASE flight tomorrow, and it told me that the other person on my itinerary had to check-in separately. Okay... so we both checked in separately. It put me on the waitlist for the UG, but for her, it wanted her to pick some sort of UG instrument, which of course she has none of, to use. This is a CR7 flight. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All,

I was under the impression that if two tickets were booked as the same itinerary, UDU would be processed with the 1K who bought the tickets. I had experienced this a few times in 2010. I just checked in for my SFO-ASE flight tomorrow, and it told me that the other person on my itinerary had to check-in separately. Okay... so we both checked in separately. It put me on the waitlist for the UG, but for her, it wanted her to pick some sort of UG instrument, which of course she has none of, to use. This is a CR7 flight. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks!
I have been fooled by this one as well. Take a look at the bottom of the page after you complete your check-in and you will see a check-box where you can check-in the companion.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
... I was under the impression that if two tickets were booked as the same itinerary, UDU would be processed with the 1K who bought the tickets. ...
As LAXOGG mentions just check both boxes to check both in at the same time

And remember if it goes to the gate to clear, you and your companion will be processed separately -- meaning a good chance the companion will not clear.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I have been fooled by this one as well. Take a look at the bottom of the page after you complete your check-in and you will see a check-box where you can check-in the companion.
Hmmm it was grayed out... let me try again...

unchecked myself in... then... yeah - i checked the box to check us both in, but it wouldn't let me check her in, just me... so frustrating. now i'm on the phone w/ web support and they're giving me the usual misinformation of things like, "well, sir, if there is a waitlist, you cannot check-in online." whaaaat? this is retarded. I'm sure this will not end up w/ her properly on the UG list. My predction: My UG clears, not hers, they give my old seat away, and it's a mess. of course, it's not the longest flight in the world, but it's a bummer when UA's technical systems fail.

Last edited by hungarianhc; Feb 5, 2011 at 12:14 pm
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P and miles scattered around a few other programs
It's a bug. I had that happen to me a few times. Call reservations and ask them to confirm you're both on the list and give up on the online check-in. It will show up just fine at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.