Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who else prefers the rear-facing C seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Hate UA's new config in C because one has no privacy, always have someone staring at you no matter if you're in a forward facing or rearward facing seat! Only semi-private seating is rearward facing last row on a 744, but then the other issue comes into play: seats are too close together and virtually no separation between seats, no divider panel. Over all this is one of the biggest mistakes UA has made yet. Worst new C seats in the air!!!!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1p, GF Gold, EK
I especially like the take off and landing, other than that there really isn't a difference to me, but I still pick them every time. And yes, they always seem to be available, even when getting upgraded at checkin
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I love the rear-facing seats. While they are great for photos, I feel better when I go lie-flat, considering the fact that I don't have blood rushing towards my brain. I have tried the forward facing seats, but rear seems much more comfortable.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
I like the rear-facing seats, especially for sleeping on overnight flights. Take-off is a little strange, but the experience at cruising altitude is pretty good.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Hmmm after reading all of the posts so far, I think I am going to try a rear-facing seat. I have only flown the forward-facing seats out of fear that the rear-facing would be "odd"....sounds like when you lie flat it is more comfortable and am very interested to see if I will notice any difference on take-off and landing. Overall, I enjoy the seats as a whole they are very comfortable to me and I do notice that I am looking to see what the passengers facing me are doing. Think I need to make a conscious effort to "mind-my-own-business"
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Rear facing seats rock!

Much more spectacular take off. You see the ground zooming out and the most air and the birds which get sucked into the engines.

And upon landing you can illegally but safely open your seatbelt and star packing all your goodies as the seat offers a safe restraint for your body.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I prefer forward facing seats. Although having no pride, I'll take either direction facing seat when it comes to an upgrade

Cheers.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:27 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I like the rear facing seat tho no preference of fwd vs rev facing but it would be nice to have a shoulder "harness"/seatbelt for use during takeoff
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I have preferred rear-facing seats since my first ride on a C5 Galaxy nearly 20 years ago and I still do! (UA's are much better)
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Hate UA's new config in C because one has no privacy, always have someone staring at you no matter if you're in a forward facing or rearward facing seat! Only semi-private seating is rearward facing last row on a 744, but then the other issue comes into play: seats are too close together and virtually no separation between seats, no divider panel. Over all this is one of the biggest mistakes UA has made yet. Worst new C seats in the air!!!!
Try 14K (maybe 13A also). Because of the seat alignment, you won't see the pax facing you.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:10 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I don't care as long as I'm not in economy.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The rear-facing seats, especially in the upper deck, are the best seats on the plane.
Taken LITERALLY, this is - of course - NONSENSE, since that honor belongs to the seats in the pointy end!
Having said that, tho, I agree that they are the best of the bunch in C !!

Dave
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:42 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I prefer the rear facing seats although I won't out the specific seat/aircraft. I prefer to keep that secret. Many years ago I made the mistake of telling people about my favorite seat and then I found that the seat was often taken!

The only rear facing seat I don't like is the middle of the 744, but I'll take it over Y any day of the week!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, some other stuff
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I prefer the rear facing seats although I won't out the specific seat/aircraft. I prefer to keep that secret. Many years ago I made the mistake of telling people about my favorite seat and then I found that the seat was often taken!

The only rear facing seat I don't like is the middle of the 744, but I'll take it over Y any day of the week!
+1

Actually had a conversation with a GA the other day while picking a seat, and she was surprised to hear me ask for a rear-facing one. She said that had been her first time she'd heard someone actually prefer them. I told her to keep it our secret.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
I prefer rear-facing for all the reasons mentioned already - but my guilty pleasure when I am in a forward facing seat is to watch all those rear facing magazines go flying on take-off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.