Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Changing the Passenger Name on a Purchased Ticket to Allow Someone Else to Travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing the Passenger Name on a Purchased Ticket to Allow Someone Else to Travel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Once they go to the two dimensional bar codes on the boarding pass, the name will be encrypted into the bar code (and a bunch of other stuff) so you can't just photoshop a new name onto the document.

Not sure when that will happen, Blogger Bob wrote about it years ago

http://blog.tsa.gov/2008/09/bar-code...re-mobile.html

and every now and then I see a specification document listing the fields in the bar code, there's a thread about it someplace here.

Assuming they ever start using it, the days of modifying boarding passes easily will be over.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by cordelli
Once they go to the two dimensional bar codes on the boarding pass, the name will be encrypted into the bar code (and a bunch of other stuff) so you can't just photoshop a new name onto the document.

Not sure when that will happen, Blogger Bob wrote about it years ago

http://blog.tsa.gov/2008/09/bar-code...re-mobile.html

and every now and then I see a specification document listing the fields in the bar code, there's a thread about it someplace here.

Assuming they ever start using it, the days of modifying boarding passes easily will be over.
They can also attach your DNA to your BP but I think based on "self boarding" in EU we are moving into a different direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.