Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on UA* flights (4700 series)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Upgrades on UA* flights (4700 series)

Has anybody had success upgrading on the UA* (E70) flights with flight numbers in the 4700s? These appear to be in the CLT-EWR market on February 6 and won't take any CR-1s, SWUs, or UDUs. I can call on it, but before I get an agent who is less than interested, I thought I would ask here. These are being called redeployment flights.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Weird... I would call. It is a UA coded flight and you should be able to use any instrument or UDU.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
This is one of "those" flights referenced in this thread: Question - regarding interesting United flight - OKC - IAH, CRJ-700, United 4682

This is technically an UX flight, so in theory you should be able to do UDU or apply UA upgrade instruments on the flight. Key words are "in theory" though.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
I did call and got a couple of people who said they weren't sure. I contacted Mileage Plus, and even though they didn't know themselves, they would like to see the flight in question and have me fax it in.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Weird... I would call. It is a UA coded flight and you should be able to use any instrument or UDU.
But is it coded as a convoluted code share, such as Continental express, operated by United express, operated by Shuttle America?

The 70 seat jets out of EWR and IAH were the substitutes for CO Express jets that there was a suit over due to different scope clauses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.