Strange Mailing from UA

Old Jan 12, 11, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Strange Mailing from UA

Arriving in the mail y'day was a Global Services membership packet--but upon closer inspection it was not for 2011 but rather for 2010. This is not a replacement card-but rather a full membership packet (like I have received before for GS) but this time it was for 2010. I called Milage Plus and GS and they have no idea what is going on.

On top of this, I have been told that I did not make GS status for 2011. Hum..not sure what is going on.
Old Jan 12, 11, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Typical postal delay?
Old Jan 12, 11, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by UA1kMFR View Post
Arriving in the mail y'day was a Global Services membership packet--but upon closer inspection it was not for 2011 but rather for 2010. This is not a replacement card-but rather a full membership packet (like I have received before for GS) but this time it was for 2010. I called Milage Plus and GS and they have no idea what is going on.

On top of this, I have been told that I did not make GS status for 2011. Hum..not sure what is going on.
A new program whereby they send you a memento of status gone by??

Seriously, though, did your '10 fly/spend lead you to expect 2011 GS? If so, I would remain at least hopeful that this is just some sort of mixup. And if you're headed to an airport w/ a GS rep anytime soon (like before the end of Jan, when presumably your GS status would expire if this hasn't been sorted out by then), you might want to seek one of them out and ask them to look into matters for you. I haven't been GS for a handful of years now but there were two of them sitting next to me at IAD a month or so back, so I guess they still exist. And back in my GS days, they could be pretty darned helpful (their very job depends on your needing them for something at least from time to time). A thought, anyway...

Good luck!
Old Jan 12, 11, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Perhaps it fell behind a conveyor belt at the post office, and was just found?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: