Proceed with Caution

Old Jan 4, 11, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Proceed with Caution

I booked an ORD-EWR-NAS roundtrip on CO as I had a VDB voucher. I noticed that CO upgrades for miles and a copay just like United, so I inquired about upgrading on my L class ticket. OnePass members can do this on CO, but I wasn't sure if Mileage Plus folks could do this.

In my call to UA I was transferred to CO. The agent was concerned that UA didn't know anything and proceeded to transfer me back to UA. The lady who answered assured me that the request for the upgrade was being sent to CO. I called CO later in the day and was told that nothing had been sent over. I then called UA who told me that only B an Y fares qualify for CO upgrades.

In calling 1K Customer Relations this morning I was rudely greeted with the statement that they could only help me with something that was past date.
Nothing was solved, nobody seemed to agree on what can or cannot be done, and I am no better off.

As I am a nobody with CO, does anybody have a solution? I had hoped to try the new lie-flat beds on the 757 operating from EWR to NAS. Also, just so you know, CO CANNOT match UA status.

Has this happened to anybody else yet? As I had a premontition that UA* would cancel from MKE to ORD on 12/31 (it did, and thankfully I got on a flight that was delayed), I have a feeling that we are in store for much more of this type of thing.
Old Jan 4, 11, 6:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
presently MP miles can not be used to upgrade on CO operated flights unless it is a Y/B fare
Similarly OP miles can not be used on UA operated flights unless it is a Y/B fare.

No cross-linkage as of now -- likely by the end of the year or sooner..

in the meantime you might try coupon connection.
Old Jan 4, 11, 11:09 pm

Thanks for the clarification, I was previously told it just wasn't possible at all.
Old Jan 4, 11, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
By the way, this page on .bomb tells you how many miles are needed for a Star Alliance upgrade...

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52927,00.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: