Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "United (fka. Red Carpet) Club Access Questions" Thread 2011 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "United (fka. Red Carpet) Club Access Questions" Thread 2011 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Thanks winecountryua!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Tracking Visits?

I read in a different thread that you can call M+ to request a hard copy of all of your flight history. I'm wondering if you can request a summary of your RCC visits? Would it be impossible because sometimes they only visually inspect your credentials, or are they tracking every time you enter?

I think it would be a good idea at the end of the year to be reminded how many times you actually got to use the club, especially a) to show the value of membership, for those that actually paid for it and b) to show the value of Star gold, for those flying internationally who got to use the lounge complimentary.

If UA wanted to really enhance their marketing, they could remind people of how many times they used it at the end of the year, to help entice renewals.

Maybe they do this already, I just signed up for RCC membership two weeks ago, so it's just a thought.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:02 pm

The $35 RCC One Day Pass ?

If my husband buys the one day pass - do we need one for our 6 year old as well OR will he be allowed in for "free" with my husband??

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by ITALady
If my husband buys the one day pass - do we need one for our 6 year old as well OR will he be allowed in for "free" with my husband??
I recently (7 days ago) inquired with the RCC about whether or not children are allowed in on one TIME passes. Please note that what you refer to as "one day pass" is NOT for one day.
I was told that only infants were allowed in on the parent's pass. I find that incredibly difficult to believe, and I have a strong beliief that the entrance personnel would let a 6yo accompany a parent holding a valid pass.

YMMV.

Dave
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:23 am

LGA RCC on AA itinerary

Hi everyone,

I have a 1:50 layover at LGA on an AA (Eagle) itinerary coming up and was wondering about RCC access. If I understand correctly the RCC is landside (pre-security) close to the C concourse. Is it worth it to go landside to get acces to the club or will I be risking missing my connection because I'd have to re-clear security.

if it helps, I'm on a flight that leaves at 8:45pm and the club closes at 8:30pm on a Sunday.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 pm
FSU

Access with US airways membership/No card

Just joined the US Airways club. Will be traveling this weekend on United, and will not have the Club Card by then. I have a receipt showing my membership. I was told by the US airways rep that RCC doesn't have to allow me in unless I have a physical card, but they may accept the receipt.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether I will be allowed entry.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Crazy itinerary, I know, but a few days ago I did BRU-IAD-DEN-DFW. At one of the DEN RCCs, she said I am not entitled to entry even with a same-day intl BP because the intl portion "has to be in First Class". I asked her to double-check, and she responded "just come in, I don't care". (Honestly, she said that!).

Anyway, I assume she was just wrong and it's not a policy change. There's certainly no change on .bomb (http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,53227,00.html)
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Has anyone had success bringing spouse AND two children into an RCC as a Star Gold on an international flight? The chart seems to indicate this is not allowed, though it is for those with Priority Pass.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Has anyone had success bringing spouse AND two children into an RCC as a Star Gold on an international flight? The chart seems to indicate this is not allowed, though it is for those with Priority Pass.
RCC members can bring their immediate families but strictly speaking *G can not. However it may be worth a try (I have seen this allowed) especially if the kids look well behaved (at least for the few moments you are attempting entry).
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K
Going ORD - LAX - YVR - SYD, all in First/Business paid (check that the ORD-LAX is paid economy).

Would like to use the RCC in LAX. Per this:
Star Alliance Gold Customers Traveling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.

Customer must present a valid frequent flyer programme Star Alliance Gold level card
Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
Customer is entitled to one guest
Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when traveling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
It certainly looks like I can't get in. Yet per this
Originally Posted by IslandSkies
Current as of 03 January 2011, Access chart to RCC:
It would seem I can????

Which is it???
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:00 pm

Hey Guys

I am Star Gold. I often travel internationally on award tickets in E+

Can I gain access to Red Carpet Clubs and Star Gold lounges when my ticket is not a revue ticket but a miles ticket?

For example

LAX-IAD-GIG on an award ticket. Can I access the clubs being star gold?

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by TIMOS
Hey Guys

I am Star Gold. I often travel internationally on award tickets in E+

Can I gain access to Red Carpet Clubs and Star Gold lounges when my ticket is not a revue ticket but a miles ticket?

For example

LAX-IAD-GIG on an award ticket. Can I access the clubs being star gold?

Thanks!
Yes, how you paid is irrelevant
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Yes, how you paid is irrelevant
'

love that answer! Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by doug_999
Going ORD - LAX - YVR - SYD, all in First/Business paid (check that the ORD-LAX is paid economy).

Since you don't have status listed, I'm going to assume you are *G on UA or US or CO traveling on a Star Alliance flight from YVR-SYD and that this is all happening the same day (or at least the LAX-YVR-SYD is same day). If so, then yes, you will have access to the RCC at LAX using your UA *G and YVR-SYD same day ticket.

If you are *G on another airline, you get RCC access at all airports so long as you are departing that airport on a *A flight. Thanks IslandSkies for that chart, it really clears a lot up!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by doug_999

It certainly looks like I can't get in. Yet per this

It would seem I can????

Which is it???
*G and premium cabin have access to all RCCs at all airports if on an international itin where the departing flight from the airport is on *A -- don't see any issue for access at LAX (BTW even LAX-YVR would be enough to qualify). And ORD should be OK for RCC access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.