Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "United (fka. Red Carpet) Club Access Questions" Thread 2011 Edition

Consolidated "United (fka. Red Carpet) Club Access Questions" Thread 2011 Edition

Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
I was offered drink chits at the SFO RCC a couple weeks ago. Not sure why...
Unthinking matron? Or one that had been out of the country for the last couple of months??

Dave
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I'm so glad that the (alcohol) drink vouchers have gone. That was such a stupid rule. I'm assuming the complimentary alcoholic drinks will be limited to the house wines and beers only (no spirits).
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
... I'm assuming the complimentary alcoholic drinks will be limited to the house wines and beers only (no spirits).
long discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ic-drinks.html
Old Jan 7, 2011, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by socalsun
This is correct, and they may be asking for your BP as a second form of "ID" - if you hand your RCC card plus a license when you're not flying *A, you'll be good to go no questions asked.
Right, thanks, did show passport ID card, she still wanted BP....
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:39 pm

I had a good read through the thread about the free alcoholic drinks in the RCC...yikes! I get that the quality of beer is very poor (I personally don't drink beer) but the quality of the house wines are ok as are most of the spirits. I hate the idea of having to ask (or even beg from the sound of things) and pay for things in an airline lounge, especially when you've paid ludicrous amounts of money for a premium ticket in the first place! I love the airline lounges of Asian airlines, as everything is free (as it should be) - good quality food, good wines and spirits, etc. You're not made to feel guilty or bad about actually being there. And you don't feel like you're inconveniencing the staff when you do ask for something!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold
PC One Day Pass gets access to RCC?

I've read on here in a few places that a one day PC pass can get you into a RCC as well... Is there a place online I can confirm that? In a couple of months I'm flying GUM-HKG and in case I don't get to use my two day passes at the Guam PC, I'd be really nice to use them at the RCC in HKG. Can anyone just reconfirm this isn't a problem and maybe where I can find confirmtion of that on one of the carriers websites? Thank You in advance, Lanny
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lanny
I've read on here in a few places that a one day PC pass can get you into a RCC as well... Is there a place online I can confirm that? In a couple of months I'm flying GUM-HKG and in case I don't get to use my two day passes at the Guam PC, I'd be really nice to use them at the RCC in HKG. Can anyone just reconfirm this isn't a problem and maybe where I can find confirmtion of that on one of the carriers websites? Thank You in advance, Lanny
Here UA states RCC OneTime Passes can be used for RCCs or PCs
Could not find the similiar statement on co.com, suggest calling the Presidents Club Service Center at 800-322-2640
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: UA
New RCC member

Hi! After losing my Premier Executive status this year, I forked over the miles to join the RCC. My question is this: most of my travel is international and is on various Star Alliance carriers; how much trouble will I have trying to access the applicable lounges with my RCC card? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by WoodgiePhelps
Hi! After losing my Premier Executive status this year, I forked over the miles to join the RCC. My question is this: most of my travel is international and is on various Star Alliance carriers; how much trouble will I have trying to access the applicable lounges with my RCC card? Thanks in advance!
I believe your RCC membership gives you access to all *A lounges if you are travelling on a *A carrier on that day, so you shouldn't have any problems.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
flying SFO-LAX-JFK (domestic F/ p.s. C)

I ve read you get RCC at LAX as p.s. C
With the SQ lounge now not an option, what about SFO?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
flying SFO-LAX-JFK (domestic F/ p.s. C)

I ve read you get RCC at LAX as p.s. C
With the SQ lounge now not an option, what about SFO?
Shouldn't the same rule apply for p.s. C from SFO?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
RCC at SNA if flying on Southwest

I'm not too familiar with SNA airport. I am a RCC member. I am flying out of SNA on Southwest. Will UA let me into the RCC (and a prerequisite question is, "is the RCC accessible [in the same post-security area]?")

And, will they let me bring a business traveling companion who is also flying out on SW and is not a RCC member?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Last I checked, the answers would have been yes, yes, yes.
Haven't been in that airport for a while, though.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by andrewk829
I'm not too familiar with SNA airport. I am a RCC member. I am flying out of SNA on Southwest. Will UA let me into the RCC (and a prerequisite question is, "is the RCC accessible [in the same post-security area]?")

And, will they let me bring a business traveling companion who is also flying out on SW and is not a RCC member?

Thanks.
WN goes out of gates 1-7. RCC is directly across from Gate 7. Not entirely sure on the guest though if they aren't on UA. BTW, everything at SNA is in one post-security area, but is accessible thru two different screening checkpoints.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.