Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Hilton Elite Status Offer for MileagePlus Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum

I am not sure if this was covered, but there is a new bonus; elites upgrade to silver and after 4 nights to Gold status.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mileagepluselite

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 4, 2011 at 5:27 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Jan 4, 2011, 5:26 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I believe this is a fairly typical HHonors promotion; I know I made Gold in 2008 thanks to the same promo, and previously in 2006 via the same. Been "legit" Gold the past three years, so I sort of wish they'd offer a few less such promos or else offer a Diamond promo (say, 10x stays, or the same 4x stays for UA 1Ks).
Old Jan 4, 2011, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Well I just received my new 1P card and I was looking through the pamplet and saw the promo. My company books us with Hilton and Marriott.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Gargh, if only they would have offered this in, say, August 2010. :P I guess we'll see if I manage to accrue 4 stays in 90 days in the coming months...
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kingair
after 4 nights to Gold status.
Four stays, not four nights.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Four stays, not four nights.
Around here, that's a distinction with no significant difference, given how some people book week-long stays as 7 individual nights.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone been able to get this to work? After putting my HH number into the hhonors.com/mileagepluselite page, it seems broken after that. But it does seem to have taken the registration, as I have silver status now.

Do you have to book through that particular page or just book the usual way?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by cepheid
Around here, that's a distinction with no significant difference, given how some people book week-long stays as 7 individual nights.
Booking seven individual nights at the same Hilton would count as one stay. For Hilton, you have to leave the property for a night, not just check out and check in again the same day to be considered a separate stay.

It's a huge difference between stays and nights for Hiltons, one that many many people get tripped up on when they are going for status.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:55 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by exerda
I believe this is a fairly typical HHonors promotion; I know I made Gold in 2008 thanks to the same promo, and previously in 2006 via the same. Been "legit" Gold the past three years, so I sort of wish they'd offer a few less such promos or else offer a Diamond promo (say, 10x stays, or the same 4x stays for UA 1Ks).

Hilton does offer diamond challenges from time to time

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...en-nights.html
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cepheid
It's a HUGE difference for some. I ended up the year with 33 stays and 51 nights.

I would never re-qualify for status based on nights.

And, as noted, HHonors requires a day to separate stays at the same hotel.

But, back on topic, sort of , this perennial link also gives the same fast-track: https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx The advantage of this method is that it lets you choose your fast-track starting date.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cblaisd
But, back on topic, sort of , this perennial link also gives the same fast-track: https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx The advantage of this method is that it lets you choose your fast-track starting date.
So this offer is available to everyone then. The fact that it was on my 1K welcome kit made me think it was a MP perk.

I wish UA would bring back the real perks, like when they gave me 18 months of SPG Gold status as a 3P. Immediate status, no stays required. 2009 was a great year to be an elite (wannabe).
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:58 pm
In Memoriam

Most all the offers you get as part of any mileage program are available to anybody but not always easy to find. Free Gold at hertz? Tons of offers out there. Fast track to hotel status? It's out there, but generally not known or else everybody would have it.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
The last time I was a legit HH Gold was based on BASE SPEND. Not nearly close enough in stays/nights.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Last month I received by snail mail what appeared to be a joint offer from MP and SPG for a complimentary SPG Gold status to 02/29/2012. All I needed to do was to activate the membership online. No requirement that I stay a certain number of nights to qualify... The major perk was that I would earn 3000 miles for every 3 eligible stays through Dec 31, 2010.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
For Hilton, you have to leave the property for a night, not just check out and check in again the same day to be considered a separate stay.
Ah, that I did not know. That certainly invalidates my tongue-in-cheek comment. Then again, I'm sure there are at least some FTers who would simply find the next closest Hilton property (in price and/or distance) and alternate between the two each night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.