Wiki Posts
Search

First 2011 UA flight--Equipt Chg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, UA Club Lifer, MC Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
First 2011 UA flight--Equipt Chg

I was boarding my regular 0600 SEA-SFO flight this morning when the gate agent swapped my OLCI boarding paper with a new boarding pass, and the comment that "This is a much better seat." It was 6B--across the aisle form my 6C seat I had selected on the 757 online seating chart. But surprise!! When I boarded I saw we were now flying a 763 to SFO--First was packed, including many United non-revs. Probably the first time everyone on the list got upgraded.

The crew was nice, but I was disappointed that they had problems with the entertainment system--only the left screen played the video (1 out of 3 screens in First); the reading lights were not functional until well after take-off; and no snack of any kind was ever served. I had to get coffee myself since the FA apparently forgot--she was nice enough to ask if I wanted any, though.

So, for the next 3 months I will be flying Alaska SEA-BUR, hopefully in First with my MVP Gold credentials. I hope the First Class experience will be better--maybe some kind of snack (which has been hit or miss on UA). Or maybe I've been flying too long and this is just an old dream. . . .
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Well there is now a snack served in F on the SEA-SFO flights. At minimum a snack basket but for the early flights they also serve muffins. Sounds like yours was not catered for some reason...perhaps due to the equip swap.

This is definitely a good time to write UA customer relations and let them know about the broken video screen and lack of food. You'll get an e-cert for sure.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tomwht
I was disappointed that they had problems with the entertainment system--only the left screen played the video (1 out of 3 screens in First)
Cha-ching! Since they never play anything worthwhile on the big screen, that's a bonus. Who else will pay you $250 not to watch garbage?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Who else will pay you $250 not to watch garbage?
LOL
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Who else will pay you $250 not to watch garbage?
United Airlines (until SMI/J era)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.