Booking class for standby?

Old Dec 26, 10, 3:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Booking class for standby?

Did a search but didn't find anything, though I'm sure this information is already somewhere on FT...

On UA, if I take a standby flight, does the MP credit reflect the booking class of my original confirmed flight? I see now reason why it shouldn't, but would like to make sure (since this 0.5 EQS really matters!).

I purchased in Q. RCC agent "rebooked" me in Y. I was then told that it's showing "Y Q."

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 10, 3:57 pm

Standby doesn't change your booking code. Usually you'll only end up in full-Y if the GA is in a hurry or does something to force you onto a flight where only Y may be available.
Old Dec 26, 10, 4:07 pm

It should stay in your originally booked fare class, but a couple of times a year I get credit for full-fare in whatever class I end up sitting in. Most recently this happened to me last week, trying to get the hell out of CDG after it received two whole inches of snow.

One necessary, but not sufficient, condition for this is that an agent modifies my itinerary manually. Some examples include a reroute through a different city (or on a nonstop instead of connecting flight) during irrops, or a serendipitous double upgrade on a 3-class plane, or an eqp swap throwing off everyone's seat assignments.

Needless to say, if for some reason you get credit for fewer miles than the fare bucket entitles you to, you'd want to call MP to fix it.
Old Dec 27, 10, 8:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Following up on this -- miles posted as Q without the Y bonus. Not sure if it was the standby that did it or if the agent was unsuccessful in booking me to Y to begin with.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: